Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did TikTok shadow-ban Paige Spiranac? Furious golf influencer slams platform: 'I don't get it'

2023-07-29 14:57
Paige Spiranac who currently has over 1.5 million followers on the app finds this alleged move unfair
Did TikTok shadow-ban Paige Spiranac? Furious golf influencer slams platform: 'I don't get it'

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: A content creator's worst nightmare might be that their work doesn't get enough views. It seems like Paige Spiranac, a 30-year-old social media influencer and former golfer, is currently experiencing the same thing. Spiranac recently claimed that TikTok had shadow-banned her on the platform.

Spiranac who currently has over 1.5 million followers on the app finds this alleged move unfair. The outspoken golf diva who believes TikTok shadow-banned her used the same social media account to stand against its guidelines. In a new post, she wrote that no one can see her video these days.

'I also want to get it!'

In a video posted to the TikTok app, the golf influencer known for her game analytics claimed that she believed she had been shadow-banned as a result of the recent fall in her views. From millions per video to just a few thousand, Spirinac's TikTok views have substantially decreased. "No one is able to see my videos these days," the video's description read, posing the question to her followers, "Anyone else struggling with this?"

Spiranac's demand to TikTok was stated in the text that appeared over the video and said, "Make the guidelines make sense." Spiranac, who has 3.8 million Instagram followers, has not yet expressed any dissatisfaction with the algorithm or engagement metrics of the social media site. On Thursday, July 27, more than 117,440 people liked her most recent post, a picture of her playing golf at the University of Denver Golf Club in Highlands Ranch.

In the video, Spiranac began saying, "So I was told that all of my content is shadow banned because of the girls,” she continued, “I don’t get it, because when I’m scrolling through the ‘For You page,’ I have girls in bikinis dancing to ‘One Margarita,’ and I’m like, ‘Yes, girl, get it!’ but I also want to get it!”

What is TikTok's shadow ban?

According to Influencer Marketing Hub, a shadow ban is when TikTok restricts your account's visibility without alerting you first. Your account is essentially temporarily muted or silenced, which stops your content from showing up in the hashtags part of the app or on other users' 'For You' pages.

The social media app or website interface blocks a creator's content when they are shadow-banned. Shadow bans can also severely harm your performance on the platform. Since it means that fewer individuals will see your material, this will inevitably result in lower engagement rates.

Tags news