Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shania Twain Then and Now: Country music legend's tumultuous journey over the years

2023-10-15 21:53
From releasing her first album in 1993 to going on world tours in 2023, Shania Twain's story is nothing short of extraordinary
Shania Twain Then and Now: Country music legend's tumultuous journey over the years

Shania Twain's journey through the years

After beginning her journey with the release of her debut studio album in 1993, Shania Twain has consistently dominated the charts ever since. Born as Eilleen Regina Edwards in 1965, the talented artist, known for hits like 'Any Man of Mine', started her musical pursuits by singing in a cover band after graduating high school in her native province of Ontario, Canada. However, in 1987, she temporarily set aside her touring ambitions to return home and care for her siblings following the tragic death of her mother and stepfather in a car crash.

The 1990s: Young, bold and beautiful

Shania Twain made her mark with the release of her self-titled debut album in April 1993. She then crossed paths with Robert John "Mutt" Lange, who went on to produce her next three projects, leading to their marriage in December 1993. The momentum continued with the release of her second album, 'The Woman in Me' featuring the iconic single 'Any Man of Mine'. This album earned her the Best Country Album award at the 1996 Grammys. Shattering expectations, Twain reached new heights with 'Come on Over' in 1997, which remains the ninth-best-selling album of all time in the United States.

The early 2000s: An emotional rollercoaster

The early 2000s were a rollercoster ride for the singer. In 2000, Shania Twain's plans for a Christmas album were canceled. The following year, she and Lange welcomed their only child, Eja. All was smooth, until in 2003, Twain faced a health challenge, contracting Lyme disease and damaging her vocal cords. Then in 2008, her personal life took a turn with Lange's affair accusations with friend and personal assistant Marie-Anne Thiebaud, leading to their separation. Twain finalized her divorce in 2010 and later got engaged to Frederic Thiebaud, Marie-Anne's ex-husband, marking a significant chapter in her journey of resilience and transformation.

The Hollywood Walk of Fame

Shania Twain and Frederic exchanged vows in a picturesque ceremony in Puerto Rico on New Year's Day in 2011. The same year marked a prestigious achievement for Twain as she joined an exclusive celebrity club, earning a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on June 2. In 2013, the 'Honey, I'm Home' artist made a stylish change, showcasing amber-colored locks at the Billboard Music Awards. Subsequently, during a concert in 2015, she experimented with another hairdo, this time opting for a blonde look.

Twain's triumphant return

In 2017, the Juno Award winner made a triumphant return with 'Now', her first album in 15 years, and also joined the coaches on NBC's 'The Voice'. Shania's joy was palpable as she radiated a beaming smile during an appearance on 'Today' in 2018. The following year, making a bold statement, the 'Real Country' star donned a vibrant hot pink ensemble while delivering a captivating performance on stage during the American Music Awards 2019.

'Shania Twain: Not Just a Girl'

In January 2021, Shania Twain showcased a more relaxed and natural side as she spent a leisurely day at home. Adding to her diverse repertoire, the 'Love Gets Me Every Time' artist released a Netflix documentary, 'Shania Twain: Not Just a Girl', accompanied by a greatest hits album featuring a new song bearing the same title, 'Not Just a Girl', marking another chapter in her multifaceted career.

The 'Queen' keeps slaying

Shania Twain's musical journey continues with the release of her sixth studio album, 'Queen of Me', in 2023. Currently, the 58-year-old Canadian icon sports a strikingly different look on stage during her extensive world tour, covering the United States, Canada, the UK, and Ireland. Having commenced on April 28 and concluding on November 14 in Canada, the 'Queen of Me' era adds another remarkable chapter to Shania Twain's illustrious career, captivating global audiences.

Tags news