Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Kai Cenat live in a shelter? Twitch king recalls family going through hard times: 'Don't take nothing for granted'

2023-07-19 21:26
In a recent interview, Kai Cenat recalled his early years and shed light on how his family weathered tough times
Did Kai Cenat live in a shelter? Twitch king recalls family going through hard times: 'Don't take nothing for granted'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Kai Cenat, a prominent Twitch streamer with a massive following across social media platforms, recently made an appearance on a YouTube interview hosted by Speedy from the Complex channel. The interview broached various aspects of Cenat's life, covering topics such as his early experiences with streaming, details about his family, and even early promotion videos, spanning approximately 45 minutes.

One segment of the interview focused on Cenat's early days of content creation on YouTube. He also shared insights about his family and the challenging times they faced.

‘Don't take nothing for granted’

Cenat opened up about his early life spent in a shelter. When the interviewer asked Cenat about his time in the shelter, he swiftly responded, “So funny story is I live in Georgia now. But when we was in a shelter, he was in, he was also in Georgia. So when my mom was going through a lot of stuff, we was in the shelter, actually here, where we are right now. And then after, when we got back on our feet a little bit, we went to Brooklyn, and just like, try to get things done. And then after that, after everything changed, we went right to the Bronx.”

When Speedy urged him to share some memories from the shelter, Cenat replied, "It's glimpses. My mom still got the shelter seats on her crib. Like, "Remember when he..." Yeah, like we still got that. I just remember like, the craziest stuff, [about] people from there. My mom doing things by herself - she's like a hero. So I'm not gonna lie. I always think to that moment and like, realize where I came from and don't take nothing for granted, for sure. And it was just you, your siblings and your mom, your mom wasn't around.”

Kai Cenat and his siblings

When Speedy asked about Cenat’s siblings, the Twitch king replied, “Yeah, we do. We do. It's like, it's awesome, more like I could call him, but I just choose not to. We don't have a close connection, you feel what I'm saying? Because my mom has just been there the majority of my life, the lawyer was locked in ah.”

The discussion then veered onto Cenat’s twin sister Kaya. “She's, she's a barb. Yeah, she's a barb, like the biggest Minaj fan. The biggest," he revealed. 'When she found out I was in conversation with Nicky, she was going crazy. Yeah, she's the biggest mob ever, for sure.”

Was Kai Cenat ‘bad in school’?

Speedy then asked about Cenat's school memories. Cenat shared, “I was bad and I used to love making jokes. I used to always love making jokes, making people laugh and they gave me class clown. They gave me class cloud in middle school and they gave me class cloud at high school. No funniest person in high school. So, yeah, I used to always get that a year.”

Then Speedy inquired about the FDA experience. “But, so you used to spend a lot of time on street in Harlem. You went to FDA, what was that experience like, being from the Bronx coming down to Harlem? Is there any dynamics?" Cenat responded, “I took it a little bit in, in middle school and after high school. It was a big step because I was taking the train from the Bronx to Harlem. So as a freshman, like you go into a whole another section of New York City, it's like a big step. So I was hopping on that train going straight to FDA. And it was cool. It was, it was very cool. Freshman year was pretty cool. I was still trying to make people laugh. I was doing stuff. I was doing skits in high school. And it was pretty cool.”

Tags news