Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How Tom Cruise helped Monica Barbaro prepare for action scenes as fans wait for 'FUBAR'

2023-05-25 14:59
Monica Barbaro revealed that she was a college-aged girl when she watched 'Top Gun' starring Cruise in San Diego with a couple of 'very bro-y dudes'
How Tom Cruise helped Monica Barbaro prepare for action scenes as fans wait for 'FUBAR'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Fans are excited about Arnold Schwarzenegger's upcoming action-comedy television series 'FUBAR', scheduled to premiere on May 25. The show, created by Nick Santora for Netflix, stars Schwarzenegger in his first leading role in a scripted live-action television series.

'FUBAR' revolves around a father, Luke Brunner, and his daughter Emma, who both work as CIA operatives. However, both the characters have kept their involvement in the CIA hidden from one another. As the pair eventually learn the truth, they are forced to work together as partners and learn more about each other in the backdrop of massive action. In the upcoming series, Monica Barbaro stars as Emma. The series is a joint production of Skydance Television and Blackjack Films. The show, quite obviously, features various action scenes.

READ MORE

'She and I are really good friends': Arnold Schwarzenegger says he and ex-wife Maria Shriver deserve Oscars for 'how to handle divorce'

'I just did them a favor': Arnold Schwarzenegger slams gas company SoCalGas over 'pothole' which was actually 'service trench'

How Tom Cruise helped Monica Barbaro prepare for action scenes

Barbaro had revealed in a 2022 interview how Tom Cruise helped her prepare for the action scenes. She revealed that she was a college-aged girl when she watched 'Top Gun', starring Cruise, in San Diego with a couple of “very bro-y dudes." At the time, she was still deciding whether to go into acting.

“I remember watching it and being like, ‘Oh man, it’d be cool to do something like that'," she said, according to Elle. However, she was not confident it was possible. “I just never really even put myself in it, because I never thought that there would be that space for me as a pilot.”

A year later, she starred in the film's sequel, 'Top Gun: Maverick', where she played Natasha 'Phoenix' Trace, a pilot in the newest class of Top Gun recruits.

Tom Cruise led his junior co-stars through a rigorous training program

During 'Maverick’s 10-month shoot, Cruise led his junior co-stars through a damning training program, including flying in various planes and underwater training, should they have to eject into the water from their aircraft. “I think we were all pretty gung-ho and ready to do it,” Barbaro said. She said she and her co-star Miles Teller, Jay Ellis, Glen Powell, Danny Ramirez, and Lewis Pullman got closer because of it. “We formed some really intense bonds, because no one in our world was going through what we were going through," she said.

The filming of 'FUBAR' began in April 2022 in Belgium, but additional filming also took place in Toronto, and it was wrapped up by September 2022. Other actors who are set to appear in 'FUBAR' include Jay Baruchel, Fortune Feimster, Milan Carter, Travis Van Winkle, Gabriel Luna, Andy Buckley, Aparna Brielle, Barbara Eve Harris, and Fabiana Udenio.