Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How old is Alana Thompson? Honey Boo Boo expresses frustration over fans still seeing her as 'little kid'

2023-07-19 16:21
Alana Thompson, who recently graduated from high school, is ready to start her journey as a college student
How old is Alana Thompson? Honey Boo Boo expresses frustration over fans still seeing her as 'little kid'

GORDON, GEORGIA: Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson has undergone significant transformation since her early days on the small screen. Many fans still remember her as the adorable pageant girl who captured hearts during her time on TLC's 'Toddlers & Tiaras'. Her journey into reality TV began with the show, leading her family to star in 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo', a show that ran between 2012 and 2014. Later, the family continued their reality TV endeavors with WE tv's 'Mama June: From Not to Hot'.

Alana, now 17, has grown up before the audience's eyes, but some fans still struggle to see her as anything other than the young girl they met several years ago. Even though Alana remains the same person at her core, she is eager to embrace the next chapter of her life as she turns 18 on August 28, and wants people to recognize her as an adult rather than the child from the pageant show.

Honey Boo Boo is 'almost 18'

Alana has come a long way from her early days on reality TV, and she's certainly not the little girl anymore. With her recent graduation from Wilkinson County High School in McIntyre, Georgia, she is now on the path to college, embracing new opportunities and challenges. The "almost 18" year old star said, "I feel like since I've been on TV for such a long time, since I was younger, a lot of people still picture me as a little kid." "A lot of people still think like, 'Oh, you're not supposed to be this' and 'You got a boyfriend? Oh no, you're not supposed to have a boyfriend," Alana added, continuing, "And it's like, I'm almost going to be 18. I've already graduated high school. I'm basically already grown. So I just don't understand it."

It wasn't easy for Lauryn 'Pumpkin' Shannon to be a mother of five

Taking on the responsibility of raising Alana came with a lot of challenges for Lauryn "Pumpkin" Shannon and her husband, Joshua Efird. The star's parents had previously relinquished custody, entrusting her care to the young couple. For Lauryn, who is only 23 years old, the journey of raising Alana alongside her four children came with its complexities. Balancing the needs and demands of five young ones, including a high school graduate, and preparing for Alana's transition to college was no easy task.

Lauryn admits that managing all responsibilities was, at times, quite complicated, but she and Joshua were determined to make it work. Despite the challenges, the couple found a way to navigate the situation, displaying a resilient spirit and dedication to their family. With love and determination, they successfully cared for Alana and their four children, proving their ability to manage and support all five under their care.