Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Octavia Spencer warn Sam Asghari? Actress defends Britney Spears after estranged husband files for divorce

2023-08-19 02:47
Sam Asghari filed for divorce from Britney Spears on August 16
Why did Octavia Spencer warn Sam Asghari? Actress defends Britney Spears after estranged husband files for divorce

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: As the nasty divorce drama unfolds between Britney Spears and Sam Asghari, Octavia Spencer has chimed in to share her thoughts on their prenuptial agreement.

After the news of the couple's divorce broke out on Wednesday, August 16, Spencer broke her silence after Asghari's alleged move to challenge their prenuptial deal to receive spousal support was revealed, according to OK Magazine.

Is Octavia Spencer defending Britney Spears' prenup with Sam Asghari?

Following reports that the 'Family Business' actor was allegedly threatening to reveal "embarrassing information" about Spears if she refuses to renegotiate the prenuptial agreement, social media rallied to discuss the situation.

In the comments section of one of the posts about Asghari's threats, Spencer commented "extortion is illegal."

However, this is not the first time Spencer has shared her thoughts on the former couple's relationship.

Why did Octavia Spencer warn Sam Asghari?

When Asghari and Spears got engaged in September 2021, the acclaimed actress commented on one of the 'Toxic' hitmakers posts warning her to "make him sign a prenup."

After the comment topped the headlines at the time, the acclaimed actress clarified what she meant by her remark.

Posting a picture of the former couple, Spencer "My intention was to make them laugh not cause pain."

"I've reached out to this lovely couple privately to apologize and now want to restore just a smidge of happiness they were robbed of," she continued.

Referring to the singer's conservatorship of 13 years that ended in November 2021, Spencer wrote, "Britney's fans have seen her through a lot of pain, and she's found happiness."

"We're thrilled for her. So let's show them love. #nonegativity," she concluded.

Responding to 'The Help' actress' post, Asghari commented, "You are very kind to clarify but i have no hard feelings whatsoever. Jokes and misconceptions come with the territory."

How long were Britney Spears and Sam Asghari married?

The 29-year-old Iranian-American model met the pop icon in 2016 while working on one of her music videos. The duo then tied the knot in June 2022.

On Wednesday, Asghari confirmed that he has filed for divorce from his wife, according to TMZ.

"After six years of love and commitment to each other, my wife and I have decided to end our journey together," Asghari wrote on his Instagram Story.

"We will hold onto the love and respect we have for each other and I wish her the best always. S**t happens," he concluded.

Tags news epcelebs