Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Old Joe Rogan interview of journalist Abby Martin describing life in Palestine resurfaces, Internet says 'this is messed up'

2023-10-27 20:53
In the segment from a past 'JRE' episode, Martin shares her personal insights into life in Palestine during her time there
Old Joe Rogan interview of journalist Abby Martin describing life in Palestine resurfaces, Internet says 'this is messed up'

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA: An old clip from Joe Rogan's podcast interview with independent journalist Abby Martin has resurfaced and gone viral.

In this particular segment from a past episode, Martin shares her personal insights into life in Palestine during her time there.

The candid discussion offers a unique perspective on her first-hand experiences in the region.

Abby Martin's experience in Palestine

In a video shared by the X user Censored Men, Martin recounts her first-hand experiences of life in Palestine.

Martin says, "After being there, man. Holy s**t. I feel like, people have no idea, that I didn't even know what the hell was going on until I went to Palestine and saw how crazy it was but -"

Her explanation is briefly interrupted by Joe Rogan, who inquires, "What is it like? Tell me, give me your thoughts."

Martin elaborates, "So everyone mistakenly thinks that Hamas like controls Palestine, that's not true at all. There's, there's three different areas that were drawn up with the original partition."

She further adds, "It's the West Bank which is totally under military rule by Israel and then there's the Gaza Strip, which is like the open-air prison, which they bombed the s**t out of like every couple years and Hamas controls that area. And then there's Jerusalem, which is an international city center that both Arabs and Jews live in."

"But the West Bank has been occupied militarily since 1967 and it's complete martial law," she notes.

Describing the challenging conditions, Martin explains, "There's checkpoints. All political parties are illegal. You can't have a gun is like the least of it. You can't hold a flag. You can't belong to a political party."

"You literally can't do s**t If you're a Palestinian, you just have to sit there and submit. And if even if you share a photo of someone who was like killed by an Israeli soldier, you go to jail and you go to jail for the amount of like months," she claims.

A shocked Rogan is seen asking, "What?"

Continuing her account, Martin responds, "Yes, the more the photo is shared and liked, the harsher the punishment. They accuse you of glorifying martyrs and inciting self-harm on behalf of Palestinians, leading to extended prison sentences."

She adds, "It is absolutely insane," and goes on to say, "It is f**king nuts man. The West Bank is no joke. I thought that I was gonna die several times."

Martin further reveals, "It's sick, man. It's sick. It's really really sick Joe and I, I couldn't even get into Gaza. We were banned from going into this territory."

"Because I was told by the Israeli government that I was a propagandist and that I was like an enemy agent and so I wasn't allowed to go into Gaza, so Gaza is hell, but the West Bank is under martial law and everything's illegal," she recalls.

Joe Rogan's fans assert it is an important conversation

After the video of Martin sharing her experiences about life in Palestine with Rogan went viral, numerous users took to X to share their perspectives.

One user wrote, "It's bad." Another said, "That's an important conversation to have, shedding light on different perspectives can help build understanding and empathy."

A user stated, "Man, this is messed up."

Tags news