Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'DWTS' host Julianne Hough trolled as she claims late Florence Henderson 'is rooting' for Barry Williams

2023-10-11 12:26
Barry Williams dedicates his latest 'DWTS' performance to late actress Florence Henderson
'DWTS' host Julianne Hough trolled as she claims late Florence Henderson 'is rooting' for Barry Williams

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 host Julianne Hough recently had a blunder during the live telecast of the ABC show. The television host received trolls after she made an embarrassing comment about late actress Florence Henderson.

During the latest episode of 'DWTS', Barry Williams dedicated his performance to Florence during Motown Night. The former Brady Bunch actor got emotional as he talked about Florence, his Brady Bunch co-star.

After he delivered a stirring Tango with his 'DWTS' partner Peta Murgatroyd, Barry, headed to the upper stage to chat with Julianne and await his score. Julianne asked Barry, "When you're out there dancing, are you feeling something? Are you channeling something?"

The actor replied: "As a matter of fact, yes. Florence Henderson was on this show and she was a friend but a mentor as well and she is the one who encouraged me to do Dancing With the Stars so I'm feeling Florence here."

Julianne then replied to Barry, "Well I'm sure she is just rooting for you." 'DWTS' host's comment invited trolls on social media.

Florence died on November 24, 2016, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in California, at the age of 82 due to heart failure. She appeared on 'DWTS' Season 11 and was the fifth contestant eliminated.

A social media user tweeted, "So who’s going to tell Julianne that Florence passed?" Another person added, "Came to "X" just to see if everyone was thinking what I was thinking. Maybe she meant Florence was rooting for Barry from Heaven? 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️."

Another critic added, "Does Julianne not realize Florence passed away in 2016? 🤔 The way she said, "I'm sure she's rooting for you!" to Barry sounded odd." Another user noted, "Could someone tell Julianne Hough that Florence Henderson is dead? Yikes!"

Another 'DWTS' viewer said, "Not Julianne not knowing Florence Henderson is dead 😬😬 'I’m sure she’s out there rooting for you!'" Another X user penned, "Someone let Julianne Hough know Florence Henderson is dead."

Barry Williams claims Florence Henderson encouraged him to star in 'DWTS'

Barry Williams recently revealed that Florence Henderson, who played his onscreen mom Carol Brady, previously suggested he try to get invited onto 'Dancing with the Stars'.

During the latest episode of 'DWTS", Barry shared, "I try and channel Florence Henderson, who encouraged me to pursue an invitation for Dancing With the Stars." He added, "Being familiar with my theatrical background, she felt that I could do very well."

Barry further said, "And at that time, she had just been eliminated and asked if I would carry the torch."

Julianne Hough shares hilarious behind-the-scenes video with co-host Alfonso Ribeiro

Julianne Hough shared a funny behind-the-scenes video alongside her 'DWTS' co-host Alfonso Ribeiro. In the video, she shared her show preparation rituals online while settling into her new role.

However, Julianne appeared to snap at a fan backstage in the video. The ABC show host was seen sitting in a makeup chair with one leg over the arm of the seat.

Alongside the video, Julianne hilariously penned in the caption, "Don't talk to us, it's show day tomorrow."