Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amber Heard to make first red carpet appearance since Johnny Depp trial at a film festival in Italy

2023-06-13 14:48
Amber Heard is set to appear at the 69th Taormina Film Festival for the world premiere of 'In The Fire'
Amber Heard to make first red carpet appearance since Johnny Depp trial at a film festival in Italy

SICILY, ITALY: Amber Heard is ready to put the episode of the defamation trial against Johnny Depp behind her and is ready to be at the 69th Taormina Film Festival. Heard and the film's director, Conor Allyn, as well as her co-star Eduardo Noriego are expected to attend the world premiere of their film 'In The Fire' The premiere of the film is scheduled for June 24 at the Teatro Antico di Taorina, Deadline reports.

The festival will be Heard's first appearance since June 2022, when the defamation trial against Johnny Depp ended. While the seven-member jury's verdict was largely in Depp's favor, Heard won one of the three counterclaims. The 'Aquaman' actress, who has since moved to Spain with her daughter Oonagh Paige, will now focus her energy on reviving her acting career.

According to the festival’s website, an official synopsis given reads that the movie ‘In The Fire’ follows the journey of a widowed American psychiatrist arriving “in a rich farm in Colombia after being called to solve the case of a disturbed child,” by the mother. The psychological thriller details the events where the child is thought to be possessed by evil spirits. The synopsis further continues, "When the doctor arrives, she discovers that the boy’s mother is dead and that the father himself has begun to believe in the possible possession of the child," as per People.

'I move on'

Last year an insider told Entertainment Tonight that Heard was plotting her comeback over the following year saying, “She is confident that her side will come out eventually. She has a plan and strategy to make a comeback over the next year."

Recently a video from local Spanish media was making rounds on TikTok where Heard was seen speaking about moving on. She told the reporters in Spanish, "I love Spain so much," before answering a question on her plans to stay in Spain, "Yes, I hope so. Yes, I love living here." Confirming that she has future projects lined up, she said, "I move on. That's life." She is expected to return as Mera in ‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’ which will release in December.

What's on plate at Taormina Festival 2023?

The Taormina Festival, which is all set to take place in Sicily between June 23 to July 1, 2023, in Sicily, has a marvelous lineup of films. Interestingly, the Johnny Depp and Maïwenn starrer ‘Jeanne du Barry’ that opened in Cannes is all set to have its Italian premiere at the festival. The Italian premiere of the James Mangold directorial 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ is also lined up with Harrison Ford, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Antonio Banderas, John Rhys-Davies, and Mads Mikkelsen expected to be in attendance. Francesco Cinquemani directed ‘Billie’s Magic World’ starring Alec Baldwin, William Baldwin, Valeria Marini, Mia McGovern Zaini, Soraya Azzabi, and Elva Trill is set to get its world premiere. Taormina will also feature the international premiere of the Eddie Alcazar directorial ‘Divinity’, and the world premiere of Giorgio Amato directorial ‘Lo Sposo Indeciso’. Lisa Cortes-directed Little Richard: I Am Everything’ is slated to get its Italian premiere. Edoardo Leo and Massimiliano Bruno directorial ‘The Worst Days’ is also on the list.

This year’s Taormina will partake in the 90th-anniversary celebration of Warner Bros by showcasing 25 of their evergreen movies. It will also give a nod to John Landis, Willem Dafoe and director Abel Ferrara, by showing seven films they made together.