Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Let’s get out of here': Millie Bobby Brown reveals the reason behind quitting 'Stranger Things'

2023-10-18 05:57
Millie Bobby Brown who became a household name after playing Eleven on the hit show, felt it was holding her back
'Let’s get out of here': Millie Bobby Brown reveals the reason behind quitting 'Stranger Things'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Millie Bobby Brown, who turned down the offer to be part of the ‘Stranger Things’ spin-off is sharing the real reason behind her decision.

The teen sensation, who became a household name after playing Eleven on the hit show, felt it was holding her back.

She compared her move with school. “When you’re ready, you’re like, ‘All right, let’s do this. Let’s tackle this last senior year. Let’s get out of here,’” she said.

Brown added, “'Stranger Things' takes up a lot of time to film and it’s preventing me from creating stories that I’m passionate about. So I’m ready to say, ‘Thank you, and goodbye.’”

Millie Bobby Brown says she is grateful to the show

The star did add that it was this show that she’s now equipped with the “tools and the resources to be a better actor.”

But Brown is moving on. “No one is dying, When it ends, I’m going to be able to still see these people,” she added.

The 19-year-old will next star opposite Chris Pratt in a post-apocalyptic adventure flick from the Russo Brothers ‘The Electric State.’

“To be able to go toe-to-toe with Chris Pratt!” she revels at the idea, adding “It’s a very exciting opportunity that I never thought I’d be able to have, to be able to be treated the same as him and to be looked at and respected the same as him on the set by the production, by the studio.”

Chris Pratt said his co-star Millie Bobby Brown is so young

Pratt, too, was a bit surprised to know about Brown’s casting. “In a way it’s hard to believe she’s so young,” he told Glamour.

“There’s a rawness to her performances. She’s present, capable, talented, and her process is like shooting from the hip—it takes real confidence. The people who can do it are especially electric,” he added.

Brown couldn’t help but praise her co-star saying, “He’s such a great man, but also a great actor and a great costar. And you rarely get that in this business, to work with men that really support you and understand you and let you shine.”

The young actress trusts her instincts when making career decisions. “It’s like—I know I should make this movie now. I know I should write this book now. I know I should do this now,” Brown said.

“It’s not because I can’t do it in 10 years; of course I can do it in 10 years. But why, when I know that it’s going to work now? Just like Florence will be there in 10 years. You’ll be able to see my movie in 10 years on TV. And I know that Jake and I will be okay," she continued.

Tags news