Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dua Lipa says Tame Impala's Currents 'completely changed' her life

2023-11-13 19:59
Dua Lipa has been "obsessed" with Tame Impala for several years now.
Dua Lipa says Tame Impala's Currents 'completely changed' her life

Dua Lipa has gushed that collaborator Kevin Parker's band Tame Impala's 2015 LP 'Currents' "completely changed" her life.

The 'Don't Start Now' hitmaker has teamed up with Kevin on her latest single 'Houdini' and her upcoming third studio album - with the multi-instrumentalist serving as producer along with Danny L. Harle.

And it turns out Dua has been a longtime fan of the psychedelic outfit that inspired her new sound.

She told Triple J in an interview shared on Instagram: “In terms of things that I’m obsessed with, ‘Currents’ has been the soundtrack to my life.

“It’s one of my favourite albums ever, ever, ever. [It] was kind of like the gateway drug for me into Tame Impala. It completely changed my life and so it was very, very cool to be able to collaborate with him this way.”

She continued: “I’ve always looked up to [him] as someone that I’m really inspired by and [he] has always been on my dream board of people to work with.”

Dua, 28, says she and Kevin, 37, "gelled" really well in the studio and produced some "really fun" songs for the follow-up to 2020's 'Future Nostalgia'.

She added: “It kind of took us both by surprise how well we just gelled in the studio and how well it worked and how fun it was to collaborate with each other. We’ve made some really fun songs."

The ‘Levitating’ singer recently teased that the rest of the songs on the album are "quite different" to 'Houdini'.

She told iHeartRadio: “All other songs on the album are quite different, but they do have a very psychedelic throughline overall. ‘Houdini’ has so much electronic variety, but at same time, it has a lot of interesting instrumentation and feels very organic as well…that’s something I really wanted to convey on the album.”