Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I was told to lose weight': Florence Pugh opens up about body shaming, on and off set drama in Hollywood

2023-05-24 11:29
Florence Pugh rejected an early role as producers requested her to slim down
'I was told to lose weight': Florence Pugh opens up about body shaming, on and off set drama in Hollywood

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Florence Pugh, the talented 27-year-old actress, has recently shared some insights into her journey in Hollywood, shedding light on significant moments that have shaped her career. One such experience involved being urged to lose weight for a role early on, which ultimately influenced her decision to prioritize self-expression and representation in her work.

Additionally, Pugh touched upon her thoughts on the set of 'Don't Worry Darling', a film that faced rumors of off-set drama. Reflecting on her earlier days in the industry, Pugh revealed that she landed a pilot for a show called 'Studio City'. However, the project did not move forward as planned, as producers requested her to slim down for the role. Firm in her convictions, she turned down the part and decided to take a break from acting until she gained a clearer understanding of the values she wanted to embody.

READ MORE

Florence Pugh calls Timothée Chalamet the Leonardo DiCaprio of our time as she gushes about 'Dune' costar

'Most definitely abused my own self': Florence Pugh recalls trauma during 'Midsommar' filming

'Florence Pugh opens up about Hollywood career'

Upon her return to the industry, Pugh found a role in the WWE film 'Fighting With My Family', where she portrayed the famous wrestler Paige and starred alongside Dwayne Johnson. Embracing her character's physical strength and confidence, Pugh expressed satisfaction with this experience, contrasting it with her previous encounter with body image pressure. She stated, "The person I came back to was a female wrestler with muscles and big thighs who made her own name as a champion. I quite liked that because the last time I'd been there I was told I needed to lose weight—it was just so not the person I wanted to be," she told Time.

In a previous interview with The Telegraph, Pugh candidly discussed the challenges she faced early on in the film industry, expressing her disappointment with the industry's specific standards. Pugh's aspirations were rooted in her experience of making 'The Falling', a film that allowed her to be herself. However, the actress realized that the top echelons of the film industry did not align with her initial expectations, leading her to question her choices.

'The film feels wrong!'

Pugh talked about her most recent movie, 'Don't Worry Darling', which featured her alongside Harry Styles and was marred by rumors of off-set conflicts. Speculation arose regarding Pugh's discomfort with the relationship between Styles and director Olivia Wilde, as it was said to have begun while Wilde was still engaged to Jason Sudeikis. When asked about her perception of the on-set dynamics, Pugh admitted to being attuned to the atmosphere of a film set, emphasizing the importance of everyone's commitment and involvement.

She remarked, "And if someone doesn't want to be there or if someone isn't pulling their weight, you can feel it. The film feels wrong." Though pressed for further details, Pugh politely chose to move on. Pugh also touched on her experience working on the 2019 film 'Little Women', where she and co-star Timothee Chalamet had such a great rapport that they had to be separated on set to maintain focus. Their chemistry and camaraderie were so strong that they threatened to disrupt the filming process due to their constant enjoyment of each other's company.

Currently, Pugh is busy shooting the romantic comedy 'We Live in Time' in London alongside Andrew Garfield, directed by John Crowley and written by Nick Payne. The actress confirmed their collaboration during an appearance on the Jimmy Fallon Show.

Tags news epcelebs