Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Taylor Lautner tells Jimmy Fallon significance of his 'The Squeeze' podcast, recounts starring in Taylor Swift's music video

2023-11-01 21:55
On Jimmy Fallon's 'The Tonight Show', Taylor Lautner shared his experiences of hosting a podcast with his wife and about work beyond the film industry
Taylor Lautner tells Jimmy Fallon significance of his 'The Squeeze' podcast, recounts starring in Taylor Swift's music video

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Taylor Lautner, the actor best known for his role as the werewolf Jacob Black in 'The Twilight Saga' film series, recently graced 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' and delved into details about his podcast, 'The Squeeze', which he co-hosts with his wife, Taylor Dome.

Additionally, Lautner shared his experience of starring in pop singer Taylor Swift's video. This provided an intriguing glimpse into his work beyond the film industry, further showcasing his versatility as an artist.

Taylor Lautner about the significance of 'The Squeeze' podcast

Taylor Lautner co-hosts a podcast titled 'The Squeeze' with his wife Taylor Dome, the California-born nurse aiming to foster conversations surrounding mental wellness.

"The short version is we both are passionate about mental health, and the podcast is a mental-health-based podcast. My wife was a nurse through COVID. She's incredible," the actor said about the podcast on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'.

Lautner also revealed that his wife "deals with a lot of that stuff still today" and they both initiated their mental health expeditions almost simultaneously.

He added, "I had to just address things that I just pushed down and never really thought about, just the way that I grew up being in the spotlight since a kid. And I just never -- I never thought about it that way. And I was like, you know what? I need to, like, take this seriously. And we started that together."

"So it was really awesome to have each other going through that journey. This was right around COVID time, kind of like the journey for many of us. We feel called to do this podcast and just have vulnerable conversations with ourselves, our guests," continued Lautner.

Lautner later explained the meaning of 'The Squeeze' saying it's the "juice of your mental health." "We get into it. We don't hold back," stated the 'Abduction' actor.

Taylor Lautner talks to Jimmy Fallon about starring in a Taylor Swift music video

Taylor Lautner also reminisced about the amusing incident when he was approached to star in Taylor Swift’s video and recounted the humorous episode of receiving a phone call from his manager.

"I was at home. I get a call from my manager and he goes, 'You will never believe who I got a call from this morning.' And I go, 'I wouldn't, so why don't you tell me?' And he goes, 'Taylor Swift's manager. And she wants to see if she can get your new updated cellphone number and reach out'," said the actor.

He continued, "I was like...'O-kay. Did they say what about?' He's like, 'Not really.' I'm like, 'Okay.' He goes, 'Do you want to talk to your wife about this? Make sure it's okay?'"

"Meanwhile, wife is like right in the kitchen there and she's freaking out. And I go, 'No, by the signs of it, I think she's going to be just fine.' She's the biggest Swifty ever. So, automatic permission," stated Lautner.

"Taylor reached out, pitched me the idea. The idea was incredible," further said the actor, and continued, "We had been out of touch for a while, so it was a real cool, full-circle moment for both of us and then we jetted off to Liverpool, England, shot the video."

Fans react to Taylor Lautner's segment on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'

The anecdotes shared by Taylor Lautner on the show didn't fail to delight Jimmy Fallon's fans as they quickly left their comments on an official Instagram post.

"Its amazing that TLautner started a passion project abt mental health with his wife! mental health is just as crucial to physical health always has been," wrote one.

"It’s Taylor lautner’s comeback," said another, while a person quipped, "the way jimmy has no idea they were dating back then “and you’ve known her?” - yeah known."

"Taylor & Taylor & Taylor need to do a podcast together. And everything else. But at least we know Lautner's type lol," joked one more fan.

Tags news