Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef calling it quits after six years of marriage

2023-07-07 03:28
Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef welcomed their daughter Lucia in 2018 and their son Renn in 2019
Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef calling it quits after six years of marriage

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ricky Martin and his husband Jwan Yosef have parted ways. The former couple on Thursday, July 6, shared a joint statement on Instagram, "We have decided to end our marriage with love, respect, and dignity for our children and honoring what we have experienced as a couple all these wonderful years," they said in a statement.

The duo also talked about what they expect from each other in the future, "Our greatest desire now is to continue having a healthy family dynamic and a relationship centered on peace and friendship to continue the joint upbringing of our children, preserving the respect and love we have for each other." Before concluding the statement, Ricky, 51, and Jwan, 38, thanked their supporters, “As Always, we thank you for all the love and support we received throughout our marriage. We are united in nurturing this new chapter of our lives.” They welcomed two kids after marriage, daughter Lucia, born in 2018, and son Renn, in 2019. Martin also has twin sons Matteo and Valentino born in 2008, whom he’ll be raising now as a single parent.

How did Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef meet?

Both artists met for the first time on Instagram in 2015 and then decided to take their relationship a step further after dating for six months. The Puerto Rican singer shared with the public in an interview in January 2018, "I'm a husband, but we're doing a heavy party in a couple of months. We exchanged vows, and we've swear [sic] everything, and we've signed all the papers that we needed to sign, prenups and everything."

'The way I bring up my babies'

Ricky and Yosef, both speak multiple languages and during The Ellen DeGeneres Show, they revealed that they teach their young children as well. The 51-year-old star said, "We speak Spanish at home, but they also speak English and French. I want them to be exposed to everything," he was referring to his twin sons. Meanwhile, Yosef shared about the two younger children, "The way I bring up my babies is that I focus on Arabic rather than English or Swedish. "I taught my kid how to count to 10 in Arabic and she's only 2, which is wonderful."

Ricky Martin will be seen on Apple TV+'s upcoming period comedy 'Palm Royale,' which also features stars like Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern, Allison Janney, and Carol Burnett. He will also be on The Trilogy Tour throughout North America with other artists, such as Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias, as per People.

Tags news