Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

US Open buzz kill: 'Beer girl' Megan Lucky claims officials didn't want her to chug on jumbotron this year

2023-09-04 18:15
'But I still had a lot of fun, and I’m at peace with it,' Megan Lucky expressed about attending the 2023 US Open
US Open buzz kill: 'Beer girl' Megan Lucky claims officials didn't want her to chug on jumbotron this year

QUEENS, NEW YORK: US Open "beer girl" aka Megan Lucky, who is currently dating Andrew Dillinger, a Wharton School graduate and an investment banking associate at Wells Fargo in New York, made her presence felt at the prestigious tennis tournament in Queens once again, but this time through social media.

However, this time it seemed that the 27-year-old New Jersey resident's screen was cut out compared to previous years.

Notably, she had become an Internet sensation, thanks to her viral beer-chugging antics during the 2021 and 2022 US Open tournaments, as per The New York Post.

Megan Lucky expresses disappointment over the 2023 US Open on Instagram

On Sunday, September 3, Megan Lucky took to Instagram to express her belief that the authorities in charge of the 2023 US Open have deliberately kept her off the jumbotron.

"Whoever was in charge didn’t want me on the jumbotron this year," claimed the beer girl in a video.

Her presence at the event was confirmed through her social media on Friday, September 1. However, despite that, she did not grace the video board aka jumbotron, as she had in previous editions of the event.

In a video message, Lucky candidly stated, "I don’t know their reasons, they didn’t share them with me, but I still had a lot of fun and I’m at peace with it."

She remained optimistic, emphasizing her belief in a higher plan, saying, "I know the universe has a plan for me and like I said last time, beer girl is a part of me and maybe I’ll take her to another sport that wants her fun-loving energy soon, so look out for that."

Viral sensation Megan Lucky has an unconventional charm

Megan Lucky initially shot to fame when she was captured on the jumbotron downing a Heineken during the 2021 tournament. Her unconventional behavior, a stark contrast to tennis' typically formal atmosphere, quickly went viral on social media and even received coverage on ESPN.

She returned in 2022, once again making it onto the video board as she enthusiastically consumed another beer, this time her boyfriend's. Her antics were even highlighted on the official social media accounts of the US Open.

In August 2023, Lucky had informed The New York Post of her intention to make it a third consecutive year at the tournament, and she had posted early last week that beer girl would indeed be gracing Queens with her presence.

While her newfound fame allowed her to collaborate with several alcohol brands, including Truly, she is now looking forward to developing her personal brand.

Tags news