Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Sandra Bullock being dragged into Michael Oher's allegations? Internet demands actress returns Oscar for 'The Blind Side'

2023-08-16 19:53
Sandra Bullock is facing criticism from netizens, who alleged she was aware of Michael Oher's predicament
Why is Sandra Bullock being dragged into Michael Oher's allegations? Internet demands actress returns Oscar for 'The Blind Side'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Amid the furore surrounding Michael Oher's revelations, netizens have slammed Sandra Bullock, demanding that she return the Oscar she received for 'The Blind Side'.

According to netizens, Bullock allegedly had knowledge of the behind-the-scenes turmoil involving Oher and the Tuohy family.

In 2009, Bullock received the Best Actress Oscar for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy in 'The Blind Side'. The film's focal point revolved around the Tuohy family, who adopted Oher and played a significant role in fostering his football journey.

Are Michael Oher and Sandra Bullock friends?

According to a report from Us Weekly, Bullock showed her support for Oher and his team, the Baltimore Ravens, as they competed against the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.

During the event, which was held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, her adopted son, Louis, who was then two, wore a replica of Oher's jersey. Bullock, Louis and the Tuohy family enjoyed the game together.

The publication noted that Bullock's presence at the Super Bowl was not unexpected, considering her ongoing positive relationship with Oher after the completion of the filming of 'The Blind Side'.

Sources reportedly disclosed that Bullock would frequently send text messages to the former NFL player, discussing football.

Internet demands Sandra Bullock returns her Oscar

Netizens took to X on Tuesday, August 15, demanding Bullock's Oscar be revoked. “Sandra Bullock should give her Oscar back. She knows she didn’t deserve that s**t!” sports broadcaster Brandon Walker wrote on X.

Another user wrote, "Now what y’all NOT gon do is blame Sandra Bullock for that Blind Side mess. If that lady fooled everybody, even journalists and the “adoptee” how was Sandy supposed to know? Shut UP."

Another user penned, "They need to take away Sandra Bullock's Oscar like they took Reggie Bush's heisman for this"

Is 'The Blind Side' based on a true story?

'The Blind Side' draws inspiration from the real-life narrative of Oher, who ultimately got drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the initial round of the 2009 NFL draft. His journey from homelessness to becoming a professional NFL player has previously been chronicled in Michael Lewis' book of the same name.

What did Michael Oher say about 'The Blind Side'?

Oher recently revealed that the movie's portrayal of the way the Tuohy family adopted him was not accurate. He also alleged that he was subjected to a rigid conservatorship, according to TMZ.

'The Blind Side' actor Quinton Aaron defends Sandra Bullock

Amid all this, Quinton Aaron, who played Oher in the movie, has supported Bullock. “We are living in a day and age where people are hell-bent on pointing the blame on people and are just throwing things out there that’s wrong,” Aaron reportedly said.

“It’s like saying, ‘Let’s throw this person to the wolves.' Sandra did nothing wrong. That’s my girl and she is going through a really tough time right now. I really feel like they should leave her alone and stop trying to come at her,” he further stated.

Aaron added, “Stop trying to come for Sandra because you’re going to make me mad and they are going to have to come through me!”

Aaron said that he hoped Oher and the Tuohys could come to a resolution. “As a Christian, I feel like the best thing I can do is pray about it and hope a resolve comes to fruition that can be a benefit to both parties,” he said.