Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' hosts split over co-host Sunny Hostin's opinion on divorce: 'It's not an option for me'

2023-08-06 09:23
Sunny Hostin revealed that she had put forth a condition about never getting divorced before getting married to her husband Manny Hostin
'The View' hosts split over co-host Sunny Hostin's opinion on divorce: 'It's not an option for me'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ hosts recently discussed some of the current celebrity divorces that had made the headlines in their last ‘Hot Topics’ segment before the August hiatus. Although the conversation was focused less on the celebrities, and more on divorce rates in general, it gave viewers an insight into Sunny Hostin and her husband Manny Hostin’s marriage.

Hostin has been married to her husband for nearly 25 years and has often mentioned him on ‘The View'. Only this time, she revealed one of the most significant conditions she had put forth before him prior to their marriage and co-host Joy Behar disagreed with the condition.

‘Are your parents divorced?’

In the absence of Whoopi Goldberg, Behar moderated the segment on Friday as she read out the cue cards, “So, that very handsome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is splitting up with his wife Sophie after 18 years of marriage. There are other splits going on in the celebrity world.” Behar listed some of the couples in Hollywood and the music world that have either split up or are in the process of doing the same. As the conversation moved forward, Navarro pointed out that divorce is much more common today than it was a few years ago, and has become more socially acceptable too.

As Navarro and Haines lightly joked over the topic, Hostin finally intervened. She said, “It’s still a very sad thing. As another child of divorce and that…I’ll be married 25 years August 8th of this year.” Hostin’s co-hosts and the audience cheered on for her, after which she continued, “And because I’m a child of divorce, one of the first discussions I had with my husband was – are your parents divorced? They weren’t. They stayed together 50 years until they passed.”

Hostin then got candid about the condition she had put forth before getting married to her husband and continued, “I said, for me, it (divorce) is not an option on the table. So if it’s an option on your table…you can’t marry someone like me.”

'The View' co-hosts divided over Sunny Hostin's thoughts on divorce

Although Hostin received a scattered response from the audience, Behar interrupted her and said, “You can’t predict the future, you don’t know what the options are down the road.” However, Hostin responded, “But that’s what I really believed.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin, who sat next to Hostin and is also a child of divorce, admitted that she has had a similar conversation with her husband. Griffin said, “We are entering with the commitment that we are in this for our lives." Behar opened up about her own divorce and how she and her ex-husband Joseph Behar were “growing apart” and for some, divorce is a “viable option.”