Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It’s fair for her': Amanda Seyfried shares her thoughts on Elizabeth Holmes reporting to prison

2023-05-31 06:49
Elizabeth Holmes faced trial for falsely claiming that their organization Theranos’ blood testing technology can quickly scan and detect diseases
'It’s fair for her': Amanda Seyfried shares her thoughts on Elizabeth Holmes reporting to prison

NEW YORK CITY NEW YORK: Amanda Seyfried feels the prison sentence given to Elizabeth Holmes is justified. The ‘Ted 2’ star who plays her in reel life talked about a disgraced former tech executive sent to prison for 11 years. Seyfriend made an appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ while on a promotion tour for her upcoming Apple TV+ series ‘The Crowded Room.’ The actress who bagged an Emmy award for portraying Holmes in ‘The Dropout’, talked about Holmes' possible surrender to Texas prison on Tuesday, May 31, “There are two kids that are hanging in the balance here. As a parent — just as a mom. Life’s not fair, but in a lot of ways, it’s fair. It’s fair for her, in particular.”

As per the Associated Press, the convict is reporting to FPC Bryan, a minimum-security prison camp with close to 650 inmates, and is located close to 100 miles northwest of Houston. She is booked on four counts of wire and conspiracy charges. Holmes faced trial for falsely claiming that their organization Theranos’ blood testing technology can quickly scan and detect a variety of conditions, including diseases, using just a few drops of blood. The Wall Street Journal years was the first to bring the case to light, as it challenged the authenticity of what Holmes and Theranos were selling to investors about their technology.

'Theranos was dissolved in 2018'

As per a 2016 FPC Bryan inmate handbook, the inmates serving their sentence in the Texas facility and are eligible to work can earn between 12 cents and $1.15 per hour in their job assignments. This includes food service roles and factory employment operated by Federal Prison Industries.

Theranos was dissolved in 2018, in the same year when the US Justice Department charged Holmes and Balwani in a case that addressed Silicon Valley’s practice of entrepreneurs overselling the capabilities of their still-developing technology and garnering funds in millions from investors.

'They’re not playing me'

Interestingly, Holmes commented on ‘The Dropout’ and Seyfried’s portrayal of her character, “They’re not playing me. They’re playing a character I created.” She added, “I believed it would be how I would be good at business and taken seriously and not taken as a little girl or a girl who didn’t have good technical ideas. Maybe people picked up on that not being authentic, since it wasn’t,” as per The Hollywood Reporter.