Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

DJ Khaled shares footage of surfing accident, says he's in 'so much pain' and hopes it's just a 'bruised muscle'

2023-06-15 06:26
DJ Khaled also said that he was not able to sleep for 48 hours after the injury
DJ Khaled shares footage of surfing accident, says he's in 'so much pain' and hopes it's just a 'bruised muscle'

TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA: DJ Khaled posted a video of him falling while surfing on Saturday, June 10, saying he is "in so much pain." The 47-year-old shared the footage on Monday which showed him falling from the surfboard after he attempted to stand up while cruising in the ocean.

The 'All I Do Is Win' singer also shared a video of him explaining the incident while getting a massage a day after the fall. "I have the footage of me falling, flying through the sky, hitting the board on my rib. Bellyflopping in the water."

'I’m hoping it’s just a bruised muscle'

The radio host's masseuse believed the pain must have been caused by muscle inflammation. However, he insisted on consulting a doctor. "I called a doctor, he’s gonna come later on this evening, just to make sure it ain’t nothing serious," Khaled detailed while getting the massage. "My masseuse is saying it’s just the muscle. She feels the muscle really irritated and disturbed in that area," he added.

Khaled later shared an update of himself getting an X-ray as he said, "I’ve been in pain," and added, "I’m hoping it’s just a bruised muscle." He also said that he was not able to sleep for 48 hours after the injury.

'The pain is high level'

Khaled shared that the "pain is high level" and added that he told his doctor that he needs to play golf "seven times a week." A day later, he shared another update while on the golf course and said the doctors told him he had a "big real bad bruise."

"They said on the bone they [saw] a little line on one of the bones. They’re not sure if it’s a fracture. They’re going to double-check. So I do need to rest it up, but I have to play golf,” Khaled said.

Khaled's previous water mishaps

In 2015, the record executive got lost at sea at midnight while he was riding his water skis and in December 2017, he injured himself in a water ski accident, according to Page Six. Khaled got stuck in downed tree branches after he jumped into the water to cut the branches.

"The key is don’t panic. This ain’t no joke … I ain’t panicking. I just gotta figure it out. In life, there are roadblocks. I am stuck in a tree in the ocean," Khaled said at the time as he showed his bloody leg in a post shared on Instagram.

Tags news