Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Margaritaville’ singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett who died at 76 shared 3 children with wife Jane Slagsvol

2023-09-03 02:55
'You've got to get away from whatever you do to make a living or other parts of life that stress you out,' said Jimmy Buffett once said
‘Margaritaville’ singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett who died at 76 shared 3 children with wife Jane Slagsvol

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Iconic singer Jimmy Buffett has died at the age of 76. The ‘Volcano’ crooner’s death was confirmed by his spokesperson on Friday, September 1.

The artist is survived by his wife Jane Slagsvol with whom he shared three children, Savannah Buffett, Sarah ‘Delaney’ Buffett, and Cameron Buffett.

How did Jimmy Buffett die?

“Jimmy passed away peacefully on the night of September 1 surrounded by his family, friends, music, and dogs,” an official statement posted to Buffett's official website and social media pages stated.

“He lived his life like a song till the very last breath and will be missed beyond measure by so many,” added the statement.

The cause and location of Buffett’s death were not mentioned. However, it is assumed that his illness led him to reschedule his concert date in May.

Buffett later reported he would be returning home soon and recuperating with friends before scheduling any shows.

"Growing old is not for sissies, I promise you," he said at the time. According to Forbes, his net worth at the time of his death is over $1 billion.

What made ‘Margaritaville' so popular among youth?

'Margaritaville,' song came out on February 14, 1977, which made him an overnight star.

The famous song was described by Spin magazine as, “what seems like a simple ditty about getting blotto and mending a broken heart turns out to be a profound meditation on the often painful inertia of beach dwelling,' Spin magazine wrote in 2021.”

It added, “'The tourists come and go, one group indistinguishable from the other. Waves crest and break whether somebody is there to witness it or not. Everything that means anything has already happened and you're not even sure when.”

Who are ‘ParrotHeads’?

The loyal fans of Buffett are often called ‘ParrotHeads.’ They make their attendance for his shows ‘wearing toy parrots, cheeseburgers, sharks and flamingos on their heads, ties around their necks and loud Hawaiian shirts,’ as per Daily Mail.

“It's pure escapism is all it is,” Buffett told the Republic. “I'm not the first one to do it, nor shall I probably be the last. But I think it is really a part of the human condition that you've got to have some fun.”

"You've got to get away from whatever you do to make a living or other parts of life that stress you out. I try to make it at least 50/50 fun to work and so far it´s worked out," Buffett continued.

Tags news epcelebs