Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How much was Seann William Scott paid for 'American Pie'? Actor earned a pittance for movie that grossed $235M

2023-07-29 17:49
Seann William Scott played Steve Stifler in the iconic teen sex comedy
How much was Seann William Scott paid for 'American Pie'? Actor earned a pittance for movie that grossed $235M

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In 1999, Seann William Scott made a memorable mark in the world of comedy cinema by taking on the role of Steve Stifler in the teen sex comedy 'American Pie.' Little did he know that this would become the breakthrough performance that would launch his career.

During a recent appearance on the 'Rick Eisen Show', Seann revealed his earnings from the iconic movie 'American Pie.' Despite the film's tremendous success, grossing an impressive $235 million at the box office and achieving cult classic status over the years, Scott disclosed that he was paid a mere $8,000 for his role in the movie. “I think so, yeah, because I remember afterward I bought a used Thunderbird for like $5,000 or maybe $6,000, I’m like, ‘Oh yeah, baby,'” Scott said.

“I don’t know what happened to the other $2,000 because I ended up having to work at the LA Zoo as a 'churro guy', so maybe it was even less than $8,000,” he said.

From Box Office Sensation to Timeless Cult Classic

'American Pie' struck a chord with audiences when it hit theaters, and its popularity soared to great heights. The year 1999 saw the release of this teen comedy, which went on to become a box office sensation, grossing a whopping $235 million. Over the decades, it has transcended its status as a mere film to become a beloved cult classic.

In the movie, Scott was not the only star to shine. The cast included other notable actors, such as Jason Biggs, who played the lead character Jim Levenstein. Together, they contributed to the film's comedic charm, creating a perfect blend of laughter and awkwardness that resonated with audiences of all ages.

A Star is Born

When he took on the role of Steve Stifler, Scott was relatively young. In fact, he was just a few years into his twenties when he stepped into the shoes of this boisterous and sometimes outrageous character.

The success of 'American Pie' undoubtedly catapulted him into the spotlight, cementing his status as a talented comedic actor. Despite receiving relatively low compensation for his role in 'American Pie', Scott's career soared to greater heights, and he became a prominent figure in Hollywood. He continued to reprise his role in several other movies in the 'American Pie' franchise, solidifying his place in comedy film history.

Scott starred in the 2001 sequel as well as 'American Wedding' (2003) and 'American Reunion' (2012). He and co-star Jason Biggs were allegedly paid $5 million each for their performances and were recently reunited for a DoorDash commercial in character.

'His stage name would be ‘Inferno’, dressed up as a fireman'

In an interview with the Daily Blast Live, Scott joked about what his character would be doing in today’s day and age. “I think ‘Stifler’ would be a stripper, Scott said. He’d be working at a pretty crappy strip club,” he punned. “His stage name would be ‘Inferno’, dressed up as a fireman," Scott stated. “Problem is his body is a little soft. He let himself go a little bit, but he’s still trying out his sexy moves,” the Dude, ‘Where’s My Car’ actor continued.

Scott even dished at the time in a separate interview that ideas have been floating around for 'American Pie' 5. Scott told Comicbook.com that the story the cast and crew have floated for the fifth sequel is so ingenious that it could work in this 'tough' comedic Hollywood landscape.

He stated, “I don’t know, I just love the character so much. We have to have a great idea, and especially these days, it has to be awesome. You know, comedy is tough, and they have always been tough, but you know, comedies have really changed. But I think, honestly, we have been talking about an idea. I had one and I still have one that we’ve literally just recently started talking about."

Tags news epcelebs