Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nick Cannon opens up about uniting his 12 children from six mothers: 'They are all Cannons'

2023-06-25 05:29
'I would hope and pray that we'll have established a strong enough relationship that they'll want to come to hang out with me,' said Nick Cannon
Nick Cannon opens up about uniting his 12 children from six mothers: 'They are all Cannons'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Nick Cannon, the host of 'The Masked Singer' and father to 12 children from six different mothers, recently shared his thought about having a large family. In an interview, Cannon expressed his dream of all his children coming together and building strong relationships, regardless of his own romantic involvement with their mothers.

When asked by Dr Berman on 'The Language of Love' podcast if he envisions his children spending time together and going on trips as a united family, Cannon replied, "Yes, they're all Cannons. They'll probably go to the same schools and all that." However, he admitted that this goal is currently more of a fantasy, acknowledging that not everyone shares his desire, the Daily Mail reported.

'I would hope and pray that we'll have established a strong enough relationship'

He respects the fact that each mother has her own preferences and is playing by their rules for now. Cannon believes that once his children reach a certain age where they can make their own decisions, they will naturally gravitate towards spending time together. He mentioned that he has witnessed this phenomenon among his elder counterparts in the entertainment industry. He explained, "Because they're currently under their mothers' jurisdiction, I'm trying to play by the moms' rules. But once they can make their own decisions, I would hope and pray that we'll have established a strong enough relationship that they'll want to come to hang out with me."

Cannon has been open with his 12-year-old twins, Monroe and Moroccan, whom he shares with ex-wife Mariah Carey. He believes in maintaining transparency and being "very open" with his children. He revealed that he has not yet gathered all his children together but wants to start having an honest discussion with his six-year-old son, Golden, who has already picked up on the fact that he has other siblings, "I think he's kind of already figured it out. He knows he has other siblings. Even within his own house, he's not an only child," Cannon said.

'I also have other relationships that have produced other children that I love dearly as well'

While Golden has been around his younger siblings, the topic has not been explicitly addressed. Cannon believes it is important to have the conversation before someone else mentions it at school. He expressed confidence that it would not be a difficult discussion and said, "You know daddy already has a lot of kids. And you're special, I appreciate our bond, but I also have other relationships that have produced other children that I love dearly as well."

Reflecting on his experience with his older twins, Cannon shared, "I had to have that conversation with my 12-year-olds. Part of it was like 'yay' but it was also like 'well, what about me?'" He emphasized the importance of each child having something unique and special to hold onto, acknowledging that there might be feelings his children don't immediately express. He reassured, "And I'd ask him how he feels about it... But I also believe there are going to be some feelings they don't even share with me right away. And when those things are brought up, we deal with them."