Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Katherine Heigl's husband? A look into the married life of 'Grey's Anatomy' star

2023-06-07 14:59
Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley have been together for 18 years and they met in 2005 on the set of Kelley's music video for 'Only You'
Who is Katherine Heigl's husband? A look into the married life of 'Grey's Anatomy' star

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Katherine Heigl gained widespread recognition for her portrayal of Dr Izzie Stevens, MD, in the hit television series 'Grey's Anatomy'. Dr Stevens endured numerous challenges throughout the show, including a tumultuous marriage to Alex, a battle with Stage IV melanoma, and ultimately, a divorce.

While her character's journey unfolded within the confines of Seattle Grace Hospital, Seattle Grace Mercy West, and Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, Heigl's own career expanded into the realm of romantic comedies in the film industry. But what about Heigl's own romantic life? Here's what you need to know about the marriage and family of the star of 'Firefly Lane'.

Heigl is married to a singer-songwriter

Katherine Heigl's husband is Josh Kelley, a singer-songwriter. He gained recognition for his pop-rock songs ‘Amazing’ and ‘Only You’, both of which reached the top 10 on Billboard's Adult Top 40 chart. In 2010, Kelley transitioned to country music when he signed with MCA Nashville and released ‘Georgia Clay’, a song that achieved a top 20 position on the Hot Country Songs chart.

Heigl and Kelley's paths first crossed on the set of Kelley's music video for ‘Only You’ in 2005. At the time, Heigl was already a prominent figure on Grey's Anatomy and made an appearance in the video. In 2016, she featured in another of Kelley's music videos for his song ‘It's Your Move’.

Do the couple have children together?

The couple tied the knot on December 23, 2007, in Park City, Utah. Their wedding ceremony was attended by Heigl's 'Grey's Anatomy' co-stars TR Knight and Sandra Oh. Currently, Kelley and Heigl reside in Utah with their three children and have also welcomed six rescue dogs into their family. Last year, Heigl shared with Parade Magazine the reasons behind their decision to relocate from Los Angeles to Utah.

Heigl and Kelley are proud parents to three children. In 2009, they adopted their daughter Naleigh from South Korea, the birth country of Heigl's sister. Subsequently, in April 2012, they expanded their family through a US-based adoption and welcomed their second daughter, Adelaide. On December 20, 2016, just three days before their wedding anniversary, Heigl gave birth to their third child, a son named Joshua.

‘I withdrew my name’

Despite being regarded as one of the show's finest actresses, Heigl departed from 'Grey's Anatomy' in its sixth season in 2010, much to the disappointment of her devoted fans. Various factors contributed to her decision to leave the series, including her outspoken nature and a lack of consideration for the potential consequences of her words. One notable incident occurred after she received an Emmy nomination, when she publicly requested the Academy to withdraw her nomination.

"I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination, to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention," Heigl revealed in a statement. "In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials".