Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Robert Downey Jr opens up about working with his children on 'Downey's Dream Cars', says 'it was a blast'

2023-06-18 03:15
Robert Downey Jr's children Exton and Avri made guest appearances in 'Downey's Dream Cars' which is set to stream on June 22
Robert Downey Jr opens up about working with his children on 'Downey's Dream Cars', says 'it was a blast'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Robert Downey Jr has collaborated with his children for his new program 'Downey's Dream Cars'. On Friday night, June 16, 'The Avengers' actor who was attending the premiere of his upcoming 'Max' series shared that working with his youngest children eight-year-old Avri, and Exton, 11, was a "blast."

"[My wife Susan Downey] has raised him not to be a ham. He's not, like, putting together his audition tapes or anything. He's just a natural extrovert when he wants to be," the 58-year-old actor said about his son during his chat with People.

'Are we sure he's the right guy to be hosting this show?'

Talking about his son helping him with the making of the reality series, Downey Jr said, "There's been a couple times when ... he's wanted to participate in something I was doing. And when I ran this one by him, he said, 'Yeah, sure.' And then he came in and absolutely wiped the floor with me." The actor also talked about his daughter as he said she's "a little different, even though she is off the charts in the series, too."

The children made guest appearances in 'Downey's Dream Cars' which is set to stream on June 22. A recently released trailer for the series showed Exton making fun of his father's car skills. In one of the scenes, while Robert and Exton were eating lunch together, the actor began demonstrating the work he's doing on his vehicle by using the food around them and telling his son, "This is a clue you'll never guess," to which Exton responds, "It's a biodiesel conversion."

"Are we sure he's the right guy to be hosting this show?", Exton jokingly said when Downey Jr called himself a "grease monkey" and a "gearhead". Susan Downey who shares Exton and Avri with Downey Jr also joined him at the premiere on Friday night. The 'Sherlock Holmes' actor also has an elder son named Indio Downey, whom he shares with his ex and singer Deborah Falconer.

Downey Jr revealed what his dream vehicle for a car chase would be

Talking to People, the actor said The 66 Buick Riviera is his dream car for a car chase if he ever needed one. "I drove that thing around New York and it was taking the potholes and the things. A big burly formidable vehicle, and because it's painted that kind of creamsicle peach, it would also throw off whoever was chasing me," Downey Jr said.

"And also, it has an acclimate sensor. So I would drive into the areas that had the worst pollution, and maybe I could lose them down by South Street [Sea]port or something," he added.

Tags news