Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Taylor Swift's Girl Squad: Singer is famous for her posse of celebrity gal pals

2023-09-23 17:53
Taylor Swift and her celebrity BFFs make up the show biz world's most glamorous girl squad
Taylor Swift's Girl Squad: Singer is famous for her posse of celebrity gal pals

Taylor Swift's rise to stardom attracted a stellar squad of celebrity BFFs

When it comes to friendship, Taylor Swift has always distinguished between enduring, lifelong friendships and what she referred to as 'situationships'. However, if you've been wondering about the whereabouts of Taylor Swift's well-known group of celebrity friends, often affectionately dubbed the 'Swift Squad', you can rest assured that they are still as close as ever. Explore the gallery below for a ‘Swift’ overview of her famous female friends.

Selena Gomez

Taylor and Selena Gomez's friendship dates back to 2008 when they were both dating members of the Jonas Brothers – Swift was with Joe and Gomez with Nick, Elle reported. Their bond has stood the test of time, and Swift has publicly expressed their enduring friendship. In May 2014, she mentioned that it's "been the longest one I think either of us had.”

Gigi Hadid

Taylor Swift and Gigi Hadid's friendship became public knowledge in 2014 when they were seen together at an Oscars afterparty as as per People reports. “As a friend, Gigi is one of the first people I go to for advice,” Taylor told Harper’s Bazaar in May 2017.

Suki Waterhouse

Taylor and Suki Waterhouse have been friends for over five years, with one of their early public appearances being at a Kings of Leon concert in 2016, where they wore matching outfits. In August 2023, Taylor praised Suki, saying, "Suki has always seemed like she stepped out of a time machine”, she gushed to Ssense.

Lily Aldridge

Taylor and Lily have been friends for a while. Lily Aldridge mentioned she adored Taylor from their first meeting according to Business Insider. They likely met at the 2013 Victoria's Secret show, and Lily also appeared in Swift's 'Bad Blood' music video in 2015.

Blake Lively

Taylor Swift and Blake Lively crossed paths in 2015 when Lively referenced Swift's song 'Bad Blood' in a caption for a L'Oréal campaign. Their friendship has since grown, leading to collaborations like Swift's 2021 music video for ‘I Bet You Think About Me’, which Lively directed. Taylor is also close with Blake's husband, Ryan Reynolds, and shares a bond with the couple's daughters who call her "Auntie Taylor."

Dylan O'Brien and Sadie Sink

Taylor became friends with actors Dylan O'Brien and Sadie Sink in 2021 when they starred in her musical short film 'All Too Well.' Dylan also appeared in Swift's 2022 album 'Midnights' in 'Snow on Beach'.

Hailee Steinfeld

Taylor and Hailee Steinfeld initially connected at a pre-Oscar party several years ago. Their friendship grew stronger after Hailee appeared in Swift's popular music video 'Bad Blood,' released in 2015.

Emma Stone

Emma Stone and Taylor Swift first met at the Young Hollywood Awards in 2008. Their friendship deepened when Stone reached out to Swift about her music. During a November 2020 interview, the actress expressed her admiration and enthusiasm for her friend, Swift's music.

HAIM

Taylor Swift followed the sister band HAIM on Instagram in 2014, leading to their first hangout, Business Insider reports. They have shared their gatherings on social media and collaborated on music together.

Camila Cabello and Halsey

Taylor met Camila Cabello in 2014 at an award show, and they quickly became friends, as per Billboard. In 2015, Swift threw Cabello an extravagant 18th-birthday party, attended by other "squad" members like Gomez, Steinfeld, Lorde, and HAIM. Taylor has also performed with Camila and Halsey at the American Music Awards.

Lorde

Taylor and Lorde connected in 2014, and their friendship has been notable. In October 2014, Taylor shared with PopCrush "I think one of the first people that I played the entire album for was my friend Ella, who goes by Lorde". Taylor praised Lorde saying, "She’s one of my favorite people to kind of bounce ideas off of — she gives really good advice".

Karlie Kloss

Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss became close friends after meeting at the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Although there were speculations about their friendship status, Kloss appeared to dismiss feud rumors during an appearance on 'Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen' in March 2019.

Greta Gerwig

According to Parade, in 2022, Taylor Swift revealed her upcoming directorial debut and was spotted spending time with the record-breaking 'Barbie' director, Greta Gerwig, in September 2023.

Tags news epcelebs