Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'That was inappropriate': 'The View' hosts shredded for turning 'woman’s murder into comedy discussion'

2023-09-10 10:21
Internet slams 'The View' hosts' 'out of touch' mockery about prison escapee Danelo Cavalcante who killed his GF
'That was inappropriate': 'The View' hosts shredded for turning 'woman’s murder into comedy discussion'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: As ‘The View’ Season 27 premiere week continues, the co-hosts discussed 34-year-old Danelo Cavalcante, who escaped from the Chester County Prison on August 31.

Joy Behar, who moderated the segment in Whoopi Goldberg’s absence introduced the topic to her co-hosts, and then asked, “What would you do if you lived in that neighborhood and you knew that guy was on the loose?”

The viewers and fans of ‘The View’ weren’t too impressed by this segment and deemed this particular discussion between the co-hosts as “inappropriate” after humor and laughter became a prominent part of it.

‘The View’ co-hosts discuss Danelo Cavalcante

Joy Behar introduced the topic to her co-hosts on ‘The View’ and said, “So, if you've been watching the news, you know there's this murderer on the loose. Have you seen the pictures? He escaped from the Chester County Prison on August 31st.” ‘The View’ showcased Cavalcante’s picture as Behar spoke.

As the video of Cavalcante escaping the prison was shown, Behar compared it to a “Stephen King novel.”

Ana Navarro was the first to speak up and said, “If I get put in jail, I'll die there. The possibilities of me being able to climb up.” This earned a laugh from the audience and Behar gave more details about Cavalcante and his case.

Behar then posed the question to her co-hosts, “So my question for the purposes of this conversation is, what would you do if you lived in that neighborhood and you knew that guy was on the loose? Would you stay in the house? Would you go out?”

Sunny Hostin believed she could “take him” and responded, “He's five feet tall, and I'm about 5'6", 5'7." With my martial arts classes, I think I could take him.”

Navarro’s idea was to make him a “care package” as she said, “I would make a care package for the front porch. I'd put some Brazilian food,” Navarro lists the food she’d put out and would also leave him a note in Portuguese that says, “Please don't kill me.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin finally added, “He murdered this woman in front of her two kids. He's a psycho.” However, the internet was unimpressed as this clip made its way to ‘The View’ official YouTube channel.

‘The View’ co-hosts face backlash for being 'inappropriate'

Comments on ‘The View’s YouTube channel poured in as people expressed their disappointment.

One person commented, “This discussion was inappropriate. It is very disrespectful to the family of the victim. They are too old for them to think this is okay to laugh and make a mockery of his escape. Smh.”

One user commented, “How did someone with a violent criminal record in Brazil get into the USA??? Ladies making a joke of the situation is out of touch and plain sad,” and another said, “Quite wild how they turned a poor woman’s murder into a comedy discussion.”

People also asked the co-hosts to “show a little respect” as one wrote, “This segment kinda rubbed me the wrong way like why are we making jokes about a man who killed an innocent woman in front of her children…maybe show a little more respect.”

Sunny Hostin was also labeled “delusional” for thinking she could “take him” as one user said, “Sunny is delusional. Glad that her "joke" fell flat,” and another commented, “Sunny thinking she could take him, after seeing him ‘move’ was unintentionally delusional.”