Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Jason Aldean sing 'Go Woke, Go Broke'? Truth behind viral single attributed to musician amid 'Try That in a Small Town' controversy

2023-08-05 15:49
Jason Aldean received flak for 'Try That in a Small Town,' sparking debates about the portrayal of urban versus rural settings
Did Jason Aldean sing 'Go Woke, Go Broke'? Truth behind viral single attributed to musician amid 'Try That in a Small Town' controversy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A song titled 'Go Woke, Go Broke' has been recently making waves across social media, with many mistakenly attributing it to country music star Jason Aldean. The song apparently utilizes the country music style to criticize various entities that have shown support for LGBTQ+ rights.

Notably, Aldean has lately been under scrutiny for his controversial single 'Try That in a Small Town' and its accompanying music video, sparking debates about the portrayal of urban versus rural settings. The singer has been accused of "promoting violence" through the song as he addressed the controversial topic of gun culture. His song includes the lyrics that if somebody "cross[es] that line," to "cuss out a cop, spit in his face" or "stomp on the flag and light it up," to "try that in a small town." Aldean also sings, "Got a gun that my granddad gave me. They say one day they're gonna round up/Well, that s*** might fly in the city, good luck." The track reached the number-one spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 list in July,

Did Jason Aldean sing 'Go Woke, Go Broke'?

The song 'Go Woke, Go Broke' has been trending on TikTok, with many users sharing it on social media. Initially, some thought it might be Aldean's upcoming track, as the voice in the song closely resembles the country singer. However, it has since then been clarified that Aldean is not the one singing and that the voice is actually AI-generated. The account behind the song, Jokes on Wokes, revealed in a comment that it's Jason "AI" Dean's voice behind the song. A snippet of the new single 'Go Woke, Go Broke' was posted a week ago, and its caption read, "I Wrote Jason Aldean’s next single!!! Best duet gets featured!" The lyrics of the track goes "F**k Budlight, f**k CMT, f**k Target and f**k Disney. They’re calling me stupid, calling me dumb/Drivin my song to number 1" before the tagline "Go Woke, Go Broke."

Jokes on Wokes account on TikTok

The TikTok page Jokes on Wokes is known for creating AI-generated songs in Aldean's voice with their own original conservative-themed lyrics. A few days after posting the initial snippet of 'Go Woke, Go Broke', the TikTok account released a prolonged version of the song, which has gained over 2.4 million views. The account currently has 44k followers, receiving over 861.3k likes with just a few of its posts.

Tags news