Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shannon Beador's ex-boyfriend John Janssen's son Joe arrested week after 'RHOC' star was busted for DUI

2023-09-27 16:57
Shannon Beador's ex John Janssen's son Joe Janssen was arrested for felony vandalism in Newport Beach
Shannon Beador's ex-boyfriend John Janssen's son Joe arrested week after 'RHOC' star was busted for DUI

ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA: Son of ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ star Shannon Beador’s former lover John Janssen’s son Joe Janssen, 26, was arrested for felony vandalism on September 23.

Joe’s arrest comes one week after 59-year-old Bravo star Shannon Beador was arrested on September 17 over DUI and hit-and-run charges, reports Page Six.

Why was Joe Janssen arrested?

Joe was arrested for felony vandalism in Newport Beach, California, according to the news outlet after a week of probe.

On September 13, the Newport Beach police received a complaint of vandalism at the intersection of Newport Place and Dove Street.

After an investigation, Joe was arrested on Saturday at 7.15 pm PST. He was, however, soon released at 11.38 pm PST on a bond of $20,000.

The news outlet stated that if he is convicted he can face up to three years in prison.

It is to be noted here that, this arrest is probably not the only interaction the younger Janssen had with law in this month.

On September 6, he apparently had another interaction with the police when he and his friends were seemingly detained for “drifting” their black BMWs.

Per Merriam-Webster dictionary, Drifting is “the act or activity of steering an automobile so that it makes a controlled skid sideways through a turn with the front wheels pointed in a direction opposite to that of the turn.”

Joe shared a post on his Instagram depicting the incident with the caption “Its x drive 😈 …… #cars #fyp #explore #bmw #police #viral #trending #reels.”

The short clip was pegged with texts, “We got calls about black bmws drifting,” before adding in the second line “Yeah i have no idea what your talking about (sic).”

Why was Shannon Beador arrested?

The Bravo star was arrested on September 17 on DUI charges and hit-and-run charges after crashing into an Orange County home

Per Daily Mail, before the incident, Beador went to a Newport Beach eatery A Restaurant to meet with his ex John Janssen with whom she split in January 2023.

Per People, the Newport Beach Police Department said that Beador was “arrested at 1.17 am on September 17 after fleeing the scene from a collision that caused property damage.”

Per TMZ, after hitting the house, she parked the car in the middle of the road and pretended to walk her dog.

The police further said that while she was “booked for two misdemeanors - hit-and-run and DUI alcohol,” she was also “released on a citation.”

Janssen accompanied Beador after her arrest on Tuesday.

Shannon Beador is ‘remorseful’ after her arrest

Beador’s attorney Michael Fell told Daily Mail after she was released, “Shannon is extremely apologetic and remorseful.”

He added, “We will be awaiting the official information on this case as it becomes available, and Shannon is prepared to accept full responsibility for her actions.”

Beador’s friend Jeff Lewis spoke about her DUI charges on his SiriusXM radio show, ‘Jeff Lewis Live’ where the 53-year-old said that the ‘Real for Real’ founder sustained injuries saying, “She got a DUI on Saturday night, she was also in a car accident. She was injured."

He added, “So she’s gonna be recovering,” before continuing, “Shannon and I have been friends for a very long time. She called me yesterday; we talked for a while and I was shocked because I’ve never known Shannon to ever, ever, ever drink and drive,” reports Page Six.

Lewis added that Beador is “accepting full accountability” for her actions and that she is “ashamed” and “embarrassed” by the charges.

Lewis also defended his friend while remarking he doesn’t think Beador is an alcoholic, “I don’t think Shannon is an alcoholic. As her close friend, I think she’s going through a lot of personal struggles right now and I think that she probably has been leaning on alcohol,” Lewis elaborated. “But I don’t believe she’s an alcoholic.”

Tags news