Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I am not dead people': Britney Spears dismisses conspiracy theories surrounding her well-being

2023-06-09 02:58
'This is a flashback to remind me to get my a*s on the dance floor and shake my a*s !!! PSSS I'm an equal American citizen now,' said Britney Spears
'I am not dead people': Britney Spears dismisses conspiracy theories surrounding her well-being

THOUSAND OAKS, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears broke her silence on speculations of her well-being as she told her fans she is "not dead." Following the end of her conservatorship under her father Jamie Spears, the music icon has been more active on her social media accounts and fans doubted whether she was the one in control of her Instagram account.

Until November 12, 2021, when the conservatorship was terminated by a judge, Spears had no control over the decisions in her own life according to a legal arrangement. At present, she has been sharing more about her life, family members, and conservatorship. However, her fans got concerned about the pop star based on the content posted on her account, reported Newsweek.

Fans suspicious of pictures posted on Spears' social media accounts

Actress Alyssa Milano tweeted in December 2022 saying "Someone please go check on" Spears and her alleged absence was also discussed by gossip blogger Perez Hilton. The singer's fans even voiced their speculation on Spears' absence as they alleged her pictures and videos posted are edited. However, her friend Paris Hilton dispelled the rumors and labeled the claims "absolutely ridiculous."

'I'm an equal American citizen now. I can go to spas now'

Spears recently posted a video on her Instagram account and shared about how conservatorship stopped her from drinking or partying during her residency in Las Vegas. In the post shared on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, she cleared the speculations by saying she is safe.

"Psss this is not a memoir I am not dead people !!! This is a flashback to remind me to get my a*s on the dance floor and shake my a*s !!! PSSS I'm an equal American citizen now !!! I can go to spas now too !!!" the songwriter captioned the post.

The video posted showed a nightclub where Spears was dancing with a man she identifies as Cade. "I saw this today and cried like a baby. I think it was my second year working in Vegas. Of course, I was never allowed to drink with my crew so I never went out really. People won't believe me but in four years I went out three times," she wrote.

"The one thing I remembered from my first few tours before the conservatorship was how I got to feel like sexy sassy pants and dance all night in every city—skinny dipping in the oceans with my dancers. And my best friend embarrassing [...] us peeing in a plant by the elevator because she couldn't wait," Spears recalled.