Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is 'Love Island USA' Season 5 'rigged'? Harrison Luna and Emily Chavez's 'unfair' elimination sparks speculation

2023-08-08 10:15
'Love Island USA' fans believe Destiny Zammarra and Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen should have been eliminated instead of Harrison Luna and Emily Chavez
Is 'Love Island USA' Season 5 'rigged'? Harrison Luna and Emily Chavez's 'unfair' elimination sparks speculation

PACIFIC HARBOUR, FIJI: Here comes the Casa Amor! 'Love Island USA' Season 5 is about to get interesting with the arrival of new men and women in the house. However, before the entry of new bombshells, a couple was ruled out from the villa. And, to everyone's shock, it was Harrison Luna and Emily Chavez.

Well, it seems fans were expecting either Destiny Zammarra and Carsten "Bergie" Bergersen's exit. Destiny and Bergie did not have any connection, so they were speculated to be the ones to be evicted from the house. But this time, the opposite took place. The couple that had been together longer than most others were dumped. This left fans wondering why the cast members made such a choice.

Why were Harrison Luna and Emily Chavez dumped on 'Love Island USA' Season 5?

Harrison and Emily got the least votes in the house. Shockingly, fans were expecting Destiny and Bergie to be the ones at the bottom. However the same did not happen. The fewer votes led to the elimination of the couple. A fan speculated on Instagram comment section, "So they are sending home Emily because she liked the connection she had and didn’t want to date every person in the whole villa?" Another called out the dumping to be "stupid," saying, "How are you gonna dump them because they found a good connection and haven’t been tested yet? casa amor was the next day. This was so stupid." After the voting, the final decision of elimination was given to the islanders. It was up to them to choose who to eliminate and they gave the least vote to Harrison and Emily. This made a fan slam, "Letting the islanders pick who goes home is whack. they’re all obviously going to keep their friends around."

'It should’ve been destiny'

Fans wish that instead of Harrison and Emily, it should have been Destiny and Bergie who should have been eliminated on Monday, August 7 episode. One commented, "It should’ve been destiny." Another wrote, "Bro, I’m still wondering how Bergie is still her like this show ain’t real." Another called the elimination "Rigged." A fan wished, "I just want Destiny gone." "The fact that destiny and Bergie are still here blows my mind. The producers have rigged the “voting”. It’s so idiotic and frustrating to watch. I miss love island UK already!" a fan slammed the show. One even said, "This is unfair!"

'Love Island USA' Season 5 premiered on Peacock on Tuesday, July 18, 2023. During premiere week, new episodes will be available to stream every day at 9 pm ET. Subsequently, new episodes will be released on Thursdays through Tuesdays on Peacock.