Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's a no-brainer!' Bryan Adams returning to Royal Albert Hall for 3-date run

2023-10-11 15:21
Bryan Adams is heading back to London's Royal Albert Hall for a three-date run in May next year, and the 'Summer of 69' star admitted it was a "no-brainer" to return to the iconic venue after he had such a good time there in 2022.
'It's a no-brainer!' Bryan Adams returning to Royal Albert Hall for 3-date run

Bryan Adams is returning to London's Royal Albert Hall for a three-date run next year.

The 63-year-old rocker had such a great time at the iconic venue in 2022, he is going to do it all again from May 13th to May 15th, 2024, admitting it was a "no brainer".

He said: "Our last visit to the Royal Albert Hall was such a great series of shows, it was a no-brainer to want to come back and do it again.

"However, this time we have a whole new perspective on how to make it work and with three different albums. The band and I are really looking forward to it!"

Bryan is planning to perform one album in full on each night, '18 Til I Die', 'Reckless', and 'So Happy It Hurts', as well his greatest hits.

Following his London dates, he will head to Coventry, Sheffield and Cardiff, before heading over to Ireland to play in Dublin on May 21st, 2024, and he will then make the short trip to Northern Ireland to perform in Belfast on May 22nd next year.

It comes after Bryan was due to start a three-night residency in London's Royal Albert Hall in May 2020, but the shows were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It prompted the 'Summer of '69' crooner to lash out and claim "bat-eating" people had caused the coronavirus pandemic, and he blamed wet markets - where animals are sold live and slaughtered for food and medicine - for putting "the whole world on hold".

He wrote on social media at the time: "Tonight was supposed to be the beginning of a tenancy of gigs at the @royalalberthall, but thanks to some f****** bat eating, wet market animal selling, virus making greedy b*******, the whole world is now on hold, not to mention the thousands that have suffered or died from this virus.

"My message to them other than 'thanks a f****** lot' is go vegan.

"To all the people missing out on our shows, I wish I could be there more than you know. It's been great hanging out in isolation with my children and family, but I miss my other family, my band, my crew and my fans.

"Take care of yourselves and hope we can get the show on the road again soon. I'll be performing a snippet from each album we were supposed to perform for the next few days. X #songsfromisolation #covid_19 #banwetmarkets #selfisolation #bryanadamscutslikeaknife #govegan (sic)."

But Bryan later apologised for his comments, insisting he was just having a "rant" about animal cruelty and trying to urge people to try a plant-based diet.

He wrote on Instagram alongside a clip of himself singing 'Into the Fire': "Apologies to any and all that took offence to my posting yesterday.

"No excuse, I just wanted to have a rant about the horrible animal cruelty in these wet-markets being the possible source of the virus, and promote veganism.

"I have love for all people and my thoughts are with everyone dealing with this pandemic around the world."

Bryan Adams's 2024 UK and Ireland tour:

May

13 – London, Royal Albert Hall – ’18 Til I Die’

14 – London, Royal Albert Hall – ‘Reckless’

15 – London, Royal Albert Hall – ‘So Happy It Hurts’

17 – Coventry, Coventry Building Society Arena

18 – Sheffield, Utilita Arena

19 – Utilita Arena, Cardiff

21 – Dublin, 3Arena

22 – Belfast, The SSE Arena