Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'There's a lens on them': Jennifer Lopez says her twins Max and Emme struggle to cope with mom's stardom

2023-05-17 00:51
'I think being the child of famous parents is not something many people can understand,' Jennifer Lopez said
'There's a lens on them': Jennifer Lopez says her twins Max and Emme struggle to cope with mom's stardom

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jennifer Lopez is concerned about protecting her twins Max and Emme. While promoting her upcoming flick, ‘The Mother' actress opened up about her worries. "Everything. There's so many things," she said. "I think being the child of famous parents is not something many people can understand, and I feel for [my children] for that because they didn't choose that."

JLo added that her sons’ real characters are shadowed by the fact that they are children of a celebrity. "They have just started letting me know how people treat them—so when they walk into the room, that's what people are thinking about. They're not seeing them for who they are," Lopez reasoned. "And I think that has to be a really hard thing for them. So I would love to be able to protect them from that." Besides, the 53-year-old also wants to guard her children against "being judged." 'The Shotgun Wedding’ star further told Audacy, "Everybody has to deal with being bullied. It doesn't matter who you are, you can get bullied." Lopez explained, "But being judged by people that you don't even know in a way is I think really difficult for them to grow up and be themselves. They know that there's a lens on them, and that's hard."

READ MORE

Jennifer Lopez, 53, flaunts killer abs in belly-baring sweater during Beverly Hills outing with daughter Emme

THE UNRAVELLING: Another 'heated argument' witnessed between 'annoyed' Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez

'We have this guilt as moms'

Jennifer Lopez also feels guilty as a mother because her children have to deal with this situation. "Probably not [a] very relatable thing to say, because a lot of people don't understand it—but it's hard for them, I think. And I did that to them, and so again we have this guilt as moms, what we do and what we brought into their lives. So there's that part."

'The pain is necessary'

Addressing the pain that is inevitable for every individual, JLo said, "You don't ever want them to feel a moment of pain in their lives, but that's not realistic. You realize as you get older, okay, the pain is necessary. The pain is actually good. The pain kind of makes you feel a little bit like a warrior when you get through it."

Tags news