Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What was Suzanne Somers’ cause of death? 'Three's Company' star's death certificate released after biopsy

2023-10-27 20:22
The actress, author and businesswoman was 76 years old when she died on October 15
What was Suzanne Somers’ cause of death? 'Three's Company' star's death certificate released after biopsy

PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA: Just a day shy of her 77th birthday, actress Suzanne Somers, died after a long battle with breast cancer, which had metastasized to her brain, according to her death certificate obtained by The Blast.

The 'Three's Company' actress, passed away at her home at 5:30 am on October 15, and two weeks after her passing, the official cause of her death has now reportedly been revealed by the coroner.

According to the report, hypertension (high blood pressure) and hydrocephalus, a neurological disorder involving fluid buildup in the brain, were contributing factors.

It was noted in the report that a biopsy was conducted to confirm the cause, but an autopsy was not performed.

Three days after Somers' death, she was buried at Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City during a ceremony operated by a funeral home in Palm Springs, California.

Somers’ long battle with cancer

The former 'Step by Step' star was first diagnosed with skin cancer in her 30s before battling breast cancer beginning in 2000, along with 'severe hyperplasia' in her uterus.

At the time, she chose to forgo chemotherapy and instead opted to undergo a lumpectomy and radiation.

“She survived an aggressive form of breast cancer for over 23 years,” her longtime publicist, R Couri Hay told Us in a statement after Somers had passed away.

Somers was surrounded by her husband, Alan Hamel, 87, her son, Bruce Somers Jr, 57, and her immediate family, her publicist added.

Healing from the loss of his wife of nearly 50 years, Hamel revealed to Page Six the star’s final moments sharing that she died holding his hand.

“One of the things we talked about was that we knew that this day was coming,” he said.

“We thought it was going to be me (first) because I am 10 years older than her … It was a conundrum. I said, ‘If I pass, then you’ll be alone. I can’t imagine you being alone, there is no solution.’”

The American actress, author, and businesswoman was a brand in herself as her products in the beauty, health, and wellness industry were popular among the masses. Her lineup of products can be found on her online store at suzannesomers.com

Suzanne Somers remembered by family, friends and fans

Following her death, Somers received an outpouring of love from all across the nation.

Her husband, Alan posted a touching tribute to his wife on Instagram the day after her death and included numerous photos of the two who were together for 55 years and married for 46.

“There are no words, There are no actions. No promises. No declarations. We are one. I am in love with you, my beautiful Suzanne, for all of eternity. Alan," Hamel wrote.

Somers’ son, Bruce, also posted a tribute to his mom on Instagram.

“She was a friend, a wife, a sister, a daughter, an entertainer, an icon, and a legend," he wrote.

“But to me, she was just Mom. I had the privilege as the only person who could call her that. Growing up, it was us against the world. And then she took the world by storm," he concluded.

Suzanne is survived by her son, Bruce, whom she shared with her first husband, Bruce Somers Sr. She was also a loving mother to Hamel’s children, Stephen and Leslie Hamel, whom he shared with his ex-wife Marilyn Shapiro.

Tags news