Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Spider-Boys': Tom Holland reveals he has a special group chat with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire

2023-06-15 17:52
'We have this amazing bond as three people who have been through something that is so unique that we really are like brothers,' Tom Holland said
'The Spider-Boys': Tom Holland reveals he has a special group chat with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: It's the "Spider-Boys" club! Tom Holland, who has played Spider-Man seven times, recently disclosed he is in a unique group chat with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, who have each played the role three to four times from the time they all portrayed Peter Parker together in the 2021 multiverse film 'Spider-Man: No Way Home'.

The 27-year-old Englishman revealed to The Hollywood Reporter, "We have this amazing bond as three people who have been through something that is so unique that we really are like brothers." Holland added, "We have a great group chat and we catch up every now and then. It's called the Spider-Boys."

When was the last time the 'Spider-Boys' interacted?

Holland asked Garfield,39, and Maguire,47, to sign on a movie poster to be auctioned off during his family charity Brothers Trust's Gala Trivia Night on February 9 during their last communication as the Spider-Boys. "They were obviously happy to oblige," the seven-time Spider man star recounted.

'I just wish I'd called him'

The critically praised superhero threequel directed by Jon Watts, which made an astounding $1.922 billion worldwide off a $200 million budget, was produced by and starred 'The Crowded Room's star, who remarked that filming their confidential parts was "wonderful." Tom was particularly pleased to finally speak with Andrew, whom he regretted never having called when he won the job at the age of 19, beating 7,500 applicants in 2015: "That's because of my naivete as a kid...I just wish I'd called him."

'There's a bit of a stigma about the fourth one'

The former child star reportedly admitted to feeling "a little apprehensive" while attending meetings with Marvel executives and producers for the upcoming 'Spider-Man' movie. "The first few meetings were about, 'Why would we do this again?' And I think we found the reason why. I'm really, really happy with where we're at in terms of the creative," Tom stated. "But I'm also a little apprehensive about it. There's a bit of a stigma about the fourth one in all franchises. I feel like we hit a home run with our first franchise and there's a part of me that wants to walk away with my head held high and pass the baton to the next lucky kid that gets to bring this character to life."

'The Crowded Room', a 10-episode psychological thriller by Akiva Goldsman, airs on Apple TV+ on Fridays through July 28. Holland executive produces and stars as serial rapist Danny Sullivan in the show.