Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Naomi Watts pays tribute to Treat Williams after 'Feud' co-star's death at 71: 'My best scene partner'

2023-06-15 16:28
Treat Williams, who died in a motorcycle accident on June 12, was best recognized for his leading parts in 'Everwood' and 'Hair'
Naomi Watts pays tribute to Treat Williams after 'Feud' co-star's death at 71: 'My best scene partner'

MANCHESTER, VERMONT: Naomi Watts has paid tribute to her 'Feud' co-star Treat Williams who died unexpectedly in a motorcycle accident. Williams, 71, co-starred with Watts in Ryan Murphy's FX anthology series 'Feud: Capote's Women's second season. The Oscar nominee paid him a heartfelt homage on Instagram Tuesday, June 14, calling him a"true gentleman" and her "best scene partner."

She said, "I'm so heartbroken by the news of Treat." The actor was best recognized for his leading parts in 'Everwood' and 'Hair' as well as his unforgettable guest appearances on 'White Collar' and 'Chicago Fire'. "He was a true gentleman who always spoke so lovingly of his family," Watts added.

Treat's last role

Treat, 71, had just finished filming 'Feud: Capote Vs The Swans', the second installment of the anthology series for FX created by Ryan Murphy, Plan B, and 20th Television. This was the legendary actor's final performance after receiving an Emmy nod for his portrayal of Uber agent Michael Ovitz in the 1996 TV drama 'The Late Shift'. "Treat Williams leaves behind a legacy of remarkable performances in film and television, and an indelible mark on the entire industry," 20th Television and FX said in a statement, Deadline reports.

Williams portrayed Bill Paley, a former CBS head, in 'Feud'. 'Capote's Women: A True Story of Love, Betrayal, and a Swan Song for an Era', written by Laurence Leamer, is the subject of the second season, which just finished production. It centers on the struggle that developed between novelist Truman Capote and a number of his female friends (his "swans") after he alienated them by releasing the short story 'La Côte Basque' in Esquire in 1975, which revealed the inner workings of high society.

'His work is extraordinary'

In her eulogy, Watts also mentioned that she just worked with the famous figure on the film 'Feud' and had the incredible opportunity of spending a lot of time with him. Watts, 54, added, "His work is extraordinary," and included a selfie of herself and Treat. "Not only did I get to discover what a remarkable professional he was, but I made a friend, and saw what a devoted husband, and father he was. Treat was one of a kind, truly enchanted with life. He was curious about everything and everything had meaning to him, except small talk. He had a gift for telling incredible stories and carried immense gratitude for everything life served him."

'Thank you for being the best scene partner'

Later Watts addressed Williams directly in her post saying, "Treat, I didn’t know you nearly long enough, but it was enough for me to realize that the world has lost someone special. Thank you for being the best scene partner. I absolutely cherished our time playing together. We made so many great friends with everyone on Feud." "We danced, laughed, and cried, and I will always hold dear the story of our Bill and Babe. xx 🕊️ RIP," she said as she concluded the emotional statement.