Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Joe Rogan have faith in Hindu Gods? Ganesha idol spotted in podcaster's studio

2023-06-18 14:49
Joe Rogan installed Lord Ganesha's idol in his studio, leaving his listeners wondering if he believes in Hindu Gods
Does Joe Rogan have faith in Hindu Gods? Ganesha idol spotted in podcaster's studio

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, the comedian who hosts the most-listened-to podcast in the world once revealed his intention to go to Texas in order to live a more liberated existence after signing a lucrative agreement with Spotify. Thus, transferring out of California to Austin meant that he put up a totally new studio for his popular podcast- 'The Joe Rogan Experience' where he installed the Hindu deity Ganesha.

Ganesha is revered among devotees as the remover of barriers. Before Ganesha, Rogan had placed an idol of Budhha in his previous studio. The idols left Rogan's listeners wondering whether the podcaster believes in Hindu gods.

Does Joe Rogan have faith in Hindu Gods?

Rogan is not religious and considers himself an agnostic but not an atheist. Despite his brief Catholic upbringing, he does not practice or adhere to any organized religion, particularly evangelical Christian ideas. In other ways, he is quite spiritual.

Rogan is well-known for coming up with his psychedelic experiences to transport his mind to realms outside his world of reality. It was his travels that led him to the teachings of Lord Buddha, whose statue was in his previous studio. The commentator frequently tells stories about how he connects with Buddha. He also made a point of explaining the situation to his followers.

On Instagram, he had written: "The super talented @calverart made this for me in 2015. It’s based on a psychedelic experience I had once where I was welcomed by an infinite fractal vision of floating Buddhas in the lotus position."

He continued, "Needless to say, it was a pretty insane trip. It inspired the tattoo sleeve on my left arm and I’ve collected Buddhas ever since. Chris heard me talk about the experience and my obsession and randomly sent me this beautiful piece. It’s been on the podcast studio desk ever since. Of course I had to take it to Austin for the new studio."

'Ganesha is in'

In the new studio, Rogan introduces Lord Ganesha, the son of Lord Shiva, one of the three most important Hindu deities. Rogan wrote on Instagram: "Studio ambiance update: Buddha is out and Ganesh is in. Buddha explained that he would rather be in my office."

Instagram users commented explaining why placing Ganesha's idol is beneficial, "Lord Ganesha is also known as the remover of obstacles. Almost every Hindu home in india will have one idol or picture in their homes. Good for you." Another user wrote in support, "Ganesh is the remover of obstacles...having in workspace is helpful."

People believe Lord Ganesha's presence and blessings to be gold in order to keep a workspace auspicious and free of demons that may disrupt someone's good fortune or job. Despite the huge success of his podcast, Rogan does not want to take any chances with the powers of evil.