Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Lainey Wilson and Jelly Roll among big winners at 2023 People’s Choice Country Awards

2023-09-29 19:25
Lainey Wilson and Jelly Roll won big at the 2023 People’s Choice Country Awards, scooping the Female and Male Artist of 2023 gongs, as well as combining to land The Collaboration Song Of 2023 for tune 'Save Me'.
Lainey Wilson and Jelly Roll among big winners at 2023 People’s Choice Country Awards

Lainey Wilson and Jelly Roll were among the big winners at the 2023 People’s Choice Country Awards.

The 31-year-old singer took home the Female Artist of 2023 accolade at the ceremony at Nashville's Grand Ole Opry House on Thursday (28.09.23), and she and the 38-year-old rapper-turned-country star combined to land The Collaboration Song Of 2023 for tune 'Save Me'.

As she accepted the accolade, Lainey paid tribute to Jelly, who couldn't be at the ceremony, telling the audience: "I wish he was here. I have gotten to know Jelly over the last few years.

"I just want to say, Jelly is one of the purest souls I have gotten to know, and I think it is so cool he has fans who love him for him.

"He makes people feel like they can be true to themselves and their stories, and that right there is special in itself. This is for Jelly Roll, y'all!"

Jelly also landed the Male Artist of 2023 gong, The New Artist Of 2023 prize, and The Song Of 2023 for 'Need A Favor', while Lainey was also successful in The Music Video Of 2023 category for her and HARDY's tune 'Wait in the Truck'.

Morgan Wallen was another big winner on the night, scooping The People's Artist Of 2023 accolade, The Album Of 2023 award for 'One Thing At A Time', and he triumphed in The Concert Tour Of 2023 category for 'Morgan Wallen: One Night At A Time World Tour'.

Toby Keith landed the Country Music Icon Award, and the star - who has been battling cancer since June 2022 - brought his wife Tricia Lucus to tears with his acceptance speech.

After being presented with the gong by Blake Shelton, he said: "Bet you thought you'd never see me in skinny jeans.

"I want to thank the almighty for allowing me to be here tonight. You've been riding shotgun with me for a little while.

"Most of all I want to thank the fans for still allowing us to do what we do."

What's more, Wynonna Judd took home the Country Champion Award, while Dan + Shay were named The Group/Duo Of 2023.

What's more, Blake triumphed in The Social Country Star Of 2023 category, and P!nk and Chris Stapleton's 'Just Say I'm Sorry' scooped The Crossover Song Of 2023.

People's Choice Country Awards 2023 Winners List:

Country Music Icon Award

Toby Keith

Country Champion Award

Wynonna Judd

The People's Artist Of 2023

Morgan Wallen

The Male Artist Of 2023

Jelly Roll

The Female Artist Of 2023

Lainey Wilson

The Group/Duo Of 2023