Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Adele OK? Singer 'hanging on for dear life', will not take selfies with fans during Las Vegas residency over Covid fears

2023-09-15 20:47
'Everyone that I know that I work with has f*****g Covid, so it's a miracle that I haven't had it yet,' Adele said
Is Adele OK? Singer 'hanging on for dear life', will not take selfies with fans during Las Vegas residency over Covid fears

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Adele has made significant changes to her Las Vegas shows due to mounting fears of Covid-19 admitting she was "hanging on for dear f*****g life"

The 35-year-old 'Set Fire to the Rain' songstress, who is committed to delivering her performances, has opted to steer clear of close-up selfies with fans as a precautionary measure.

Adele's response to a Covid outbreak

This adjustment comes in the wake of a viral outbreak reported at Caesars Palace, where Adele is performing. Friends and crew members, she revealed, have been already "dropping like flies."

The singer has also decided to forgo her customary audience walks, during which she personally greets and embraces fans while singing 'When We Were Young', out of concerns over contracting the virus.

Adele is determined not to let the virus disrupt her ongoing residency at The Colosseum.

She had previously attributed the postponement of her Las Vegas residency's initial launch to several of crew members catching Covid and delivery delays.

Adele balanced fan engagement amid health concerns

Adele reportedly said, "Normally I would absolutely stop and chat and all of that and I'm here to hear all about your life and be the nosey person that I am."

She added, "However, I'm hanging on by a thread trying not to get Covid," per the Daily Mail.

The singer went on to reveal that her backing singer, Amanda, had missed performances after testing positive for the virus.

She shared, "Everyone that I know that I work with has f*****g Covid, so it's a miracle that I haven't had it yet. And I really do love chatting to you, but I don't want to get sick."

She added, "I'll take selfies from a distance or shoot your vid. I might have symptoms, and then I can't do my show, and I will be damned if I cancel any more of these shows. I refuse to cancel any shows."

Speaking about her worries, Adele said, "I just can't risk getting ill. Honestly my immune system is in the gutter and I want to be close to you and stuff like that, but I just can't risk it."

She continued, "I am a germaphobe, so I might be being dramatic. But they do all have Covid. But I use hand gel a lot. Like If I meet someone, I'm like, ''Hi, it's so nice to meet you.' And then there's hand gel in my hand."

The 'Hello' singer further said, "I've always been like that, but just wanted to let you know I am hanging on for dear f*****g life to play for you guys. I got the flu in my last break two days after my final show, and I was thrilled."

"I don't mind getting the flu in my break. I don't mind getting sick in my break. I have got nine weeks left. This is my 26th weekend. It was my 50th show last Saturday, which felt like such a milestone," she added.