Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet admires Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter's love story as they celebrate 77th wedding anniversary: 'An inspiring couple'

2023-07-07 18:22
Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, both in their 90s, are still going strong despite several age-related ailments
Internet admires Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter's love story as they celebrate 77th wedding anniversary: 'An inspiring couple'

PLAINS, GEORGIA: Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are icons, who have been married for over seven decades. July 7 is their 77th wedding anniversary after they said I do to each other in 1946. The veteran couple is reportedly not doing anything special except spending time with each other at their home in Plains, Georgia.

Old age has restricted the couple's mobility. AP reported that the 98-year-old former US president has been under home hospice care since earlier this year. His 95-year-old wife has also been suffering from dementia. Jason, the grandson of the Carters, reportedly said, “As we have looked back at their legacy, it has been really wonderful to see the outpouring of support and respect and love. That word love is really one that defines certainly their personal relationship, but also the way they approach this world.”

‘Every day there needs to be reconciliation’

Donna Brazile, an ex-Democratic Party chairwoman, once stated, “Everything they’ve done is really just an extension of what they started and who they were in the White House. Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are just good, decent people.”

However, Jimmy and Rosalynn’s marriage was not always a bed of roses. The politician reportedly said in 2021, “Every day there needs to be reconciliation. We don’t go to sleep with some remaining differences between us.” Elsewhere, he noted, “We decided early on to give each other plenty of space. If Rosalynn is interested in something, she does it her own way, accepting my help when she needs it. And she gives me plenty of space to work on my own projects but helps me when I need it. We also look for things to do together.”

‘77 years that's a blessing’

Meanwhile, the Carters' admirers wished them the best online. A user tweeted, “Happy Anniversary! 77 years that's a blessing!” Another commented, “Incredible couple.” A third wrote, “Peace out for Rosalynn & Jimmy Carter☮️✌🏽🍑🍑 Their marriage is 6 years older than myself.” Someone shared, “God Bless Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter!”

“Happy Anniversary beloved President and Mrs. #JimmyCarter!” a person commented. Another said, “07-07-'23: he is 98 years old and has been in hospice for months. She is 95 years old and suffering from dementia. Married 77 years today. true love ❤️🇺🇸.” “Former President Jimmy Carter & Rosalynn Carter’s wedding photo on July 7, 1946. He knew after their 1st date he wanted her to be his wife. They married a year later. Today they are celebrating 77 years of marriage. An inspiring couple. ❤️🙏🕊️,” a tweet praising them read.

Tags news