Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Sandra Bullock put her career on hold? 'Gravity' star supported Bryan Randall during his battle with ALS

2023-08-10 06:54
'Right now, work in front of the camera needs to take a pause,' Sandra Bullock said in 2022
Why did Sandra Bullock put her career on hold? 'Gravity' star supported Bryan Randall during his battle with ALS

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sandra Bullock knew exactly what she wanted to do after her longtime partner Bryan Randall was diagnosed with ALS disease. ‘The Blind Side’ star respected his choice to keep his health situation private and instead decided to focus solely on her family during the difficult times.

In an interview with CBS in 2022, she told the media outlet about taking a break from acting. "Right now, work in front of the camera needs to take a pause," she said.

Why Sandra Bullock had put her career on hold?

On being asked for how long she’ll be away, the 59-year-old star said, "I don't know. I don't know. Until I don't feel like I feel now when I'm in front of a camera. I want to be at home. I'm not doing anyone any favors who's investing in a project if I'm saying, 'I just want to be at home.' 'Cause I was always running, I was always running to the next thing. I just want to be present, and responsible for one thing," reports People.

‘The Lost City’ actress emphasized that she won’t be rushing back to work, “Watch: six months from now I can't handle this anymore, I need to go back to work. But I don't want to do that. If that feeling comes, I don't want to do that. I don't want to rely on work to fill me. But I just don't see a lot, other than everyone under my roof. That's it. I know it's not very sexy, but you know what? It's mine."

'I need to be in the place that makes me happiest'

The celebrated actress further added, "Right now, and I don't know how long that will be, I need to be in the place that makes me happiest," she told ET. "I take my job very seriously when I'm at work. It's 24/7 and I just want to be 24/7 with my babies and my family. We don't know how long or how short, but that's where I'm gonna be for a while," she added.

Bryan Randall died last week, and his family released a statement, "It is with great sadness that we share that on August 5, Bryan Randall passed away peacefully after a three-year battle with ALS. Bryan chose early to keep his journey with ALS private and those of us who cared for him did our best to honor his request."

Tags news epcelebs