Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

HGTV star Galey Alix opens up about making the first move by sending DMs to BF Dale Moss over a year ago: 'I D.I.Y.'ed it'

2023-06-13 07:29
'It's really important that if you want something to happen in your life, you can't just sit back and expect it to happen for you,' said Galey Alix
HGTV star Galey Alix opens up about making the first move by sending DMs to BF Dale Moss over a year ago: 'I D.I.Y.'ed it'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Recently, Galey Alix has revealed details about her blossoming romance with Dale Moss. The HGTV star, who was "smitten" by Moss, claimed that she initiated the process by sending him a message on social media. “I was walking the dogs, listening to the podcast … and I just remember thinking, ‘This person is so well-spoken. He is witty. He is vulnerable and shows things about his life, but without spilling all the jelly beans. He's smart.’ And I also really liked the sound of his voice,” said Alix.

The host of 'Home in a Heartbeat' further revealed why she dropped a text on his DMs, “I was very attracted to him physically. I DIY'ed it." "I was like, ‘If I want this to happen, I have to do it myself.’ So I sent him a message and I just said, ‘Hey, I listened to your podcast. I love the way you think. I love the way you speak. If you're ever in South Florida, let's get lunch,'" she added. Notably, the star didn’t take long to respond and the two were on their first date within days. Alix further stated “And it's been him ever since. I do think it's really important that if you want something to happen in your life, you can't just sit back and expect it to happen for you. You have to make it happen, and that's kind of what I did by writing to somebody I was interested in."

'He did not want to marry me anymore'

Talking about her failed relationship with her fiance, who left her after finding out that she has an eating disorder, "He told me he did not want to marry me anymore because I had been dishonest with him by hiding my struggle. So that day, I moved back to Florida with my dogs, but without my fiance, without my career, without my health, and without the home I had just worked so hard on. It was by far the lowest point of my life."

'I was just very honest about my struggles'

Meanwhile, Moss also called off his engagement to Crawley whom he proposed to during their Bachelorette season back in 2010. Regarding the duo's prior relationships, Alix said, “I told that to him on our very first date because I was just very honest about my struggles, about an engagement ending, and then that's when he told me he had an engagement end too, but then we kind of bonded over the fact that we both had failed engagements recently,” reports People.

Tags news