Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Wynonna Judd OK? Fans concerned as country legend 'could barely walk' during 2023 CMA Awards performance

2023-11-09 15:53
Wynonna Judd appeared unstable as she moved across the stage, approaching Jelly Roll and holding to his shoulder as though she required support
Is Wynonna Judd OK? Fans concerned as country legend 'could barely walk' during 2023 CMA Awards performance

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Fans of Wynonna Judd are concerned about her health following her 2023 CMA Awards performance. However, there has been no update from the singer or her team yet about her physical or mental wellbeing.

The 59-year-old country music legend looked shaky while performing the classic song 'Need a Favor' in duet with up-and-coming country singer Jelly Roll to kick off ABC's broadcast of the evening.

What happened to Wynonna Judd?

On Wednesday, November 8, the country music icon took the stage with Jelly Roll to perform at the 57th Annual CMA Awards. Despite her amazing voice, fans couldn't help but notice something wasn't quite right.

Wynonna appeared unstable as she moved across the stage, finally approaching Roll, 38, and holding to his shoulder as though she required support to maintain her balance.

Following their duet on Roll's 'Need a Favor,' fans rushed to X (previously Twitter) to express their concern for Wynonna, as some users observed that she was having difficulty standing.

Luckily, Wynonna finished the entire performance without missing a beat, even though fans still await confirmation of what was going on with her on stage!

Following the death of her mother and singing partner, Naomi Judd to suicide in April 2022, Wynonna has been open about experiencing mental health issues and finding it difficult to continue with her tour.

However, she later reassured her fans in a video on Instagram by saying, "Well, I'm okay."

According to the New York Post, Wynonna had to leave her "New Year's Eve Live: Nashville's Big Bash" performance in 2022 due to an "extreme bout of vertigo."

Several admirers on the internet questioned whether the 'Burnin' Love' hitmaker was experiencing the same difficulty on Wednesday night.

Fans expressed concerns over Wynonna Judd's 'bizarre' CMA 2023 performance

Fans on social networking platform X claimed that Wynonna, who lost her mother and singing partner appeared "off" throughout the performance.

One concerned fan asked, "Am I the only one concerned for@Wynonna"

A second one said, "Something is wrong with her. Hope she is ok," while a third one echoed, "She could barely walk. She took baby steps."

"It was seriously bizarre. I wonder what’s going on? She barely moved once she got a death grip on him," added another one.

One more concerned fan said, "I’m worried about Wynonna Judd on this opening song from the CMA Awards. She looked she could barely walk, grabbed Jelly Roll’s jacket, and didn’t MOVE."

Other fans speculated that Wynonna's unsteadiness on stage might have been caused by her vertigo, a condition about which the Grammy winner has previously spoken publicly.

Following Wednesday night's performance, another X user posted, "I think she is still struggling with vertigo. But not sure. Hope she is ok."

Another commenter predicted, "She suffers from vertigo that’s probably what it was she wouldn’t move her head or eyes. if you can imagine being on a spinning tcup ride non stop it makes sense."

"Have I missed something? Wynonna looked as if she’s ill or couldn’t hold herself up. No hate! It was just obvious. Vertigo?" enquired another one.

If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Tags news