Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Caleb Sasser? 'The Voice' Season 24 coach Gwen Stefani 'frustrated' after singer refuses to pick her

2023-10-11 14:22
Despite Gwen Stefani's efforts, 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Caleb Sasser joined Team John Legend
Who is Caleb Sasser? 'The Voice' Season 24 coach Gwen Stefani 'frustrated' after singer refuses to pick her

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Caleb Sasser impressed the judges with his composed performance, earning a four-chair turn with his soulful rendition of Toni Braxton's 'Another Sad Love Song.'

However, this left coach Gwen Stefani "frustrated" as she saw shallow chances of winning the singer.

The 27-year-old singer's remarkable voice left the coaches praising him.

Caleb, who is a middle school music teacher in Los Angeles, recently released his song 'With You.'

He grew up in a gospel world, learning and listening to the same music in North Carolina. The singer even got the opportunity to share a stage with Alicia Keys.

After all the 4 judges hit the buzzer for Caleb, Gwen begged the music teacher to join her team. She said, "I'm really pitching hard right here. I got John, like, "Ohhh!" so frustrating."

Gwen feared John taking away Caleb from her, even though she pitched herself hard and tried to impress Caleb with all she had.

'The Voice' Season 24 coach Gwen Stefani claims she 'has so much to offer' to Caleb Sasser

Gwen was clearly impressed by Caleb's four-chair turn, commending him by saying, "We all need to acknowledge your incredible talent."

She then made a strong pitch to compel Caleb into her team, stating, "Clearly, I would love to coach you." She went on to claim, "I'm really good at stage presence, personality, getting out of your shell, trying to get people to know you as a person through your voice."

She continued, "I feel like I have so much to offer as far as sharing that information with people."

'The Voice' coach Reba McEntire felt at 'peace' with Caleb Sasser's voice

Reba McEntire complimented Caleb saying, "Your voice made me feel such peace inside."

She then recalled writing a duet album many years ago and she promised Caleb if she had heard his voice before she would have "begged" Caleb to come and sign a duet with her.

She ended her pitch by saying, "I love your voice and I'd love to be your coach."

'The Voice' Season 24: Caleb Sasser joins Team John Legend

Caleb revealed that his biggest influences are Jazmine Sullivan and John Legend. Indeed, it was almost clear who he would be picking. Caleb joined Team John.

After Caleb joined his team, John said, "Caleb is a perfect addition to Team Legend." He added, "What a beautiful, rich, tenor voice. He makes really musical and tasteful choices."

John was impressed with Caleb's runs and the styles he used in his song.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays on NBC at 9 PM ET.