Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We make you cry, and then we pick you up': Matthew McConaughey assures fans all is good between his mom Kay and wife Camila

2023-10-04 09:28
'We test you. My family, we humbly wait, we make you cry, and then we pick you up,' Matthew McConaughey said, referring to his mom's initial behavior with Camila
'We make you cry, and then we pick you up': Matthew McConaughey assures fans all is good between his mom Kay and wife Camila

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matthew McConaughey has made it clear in his recent podcast appearances that there is no bad blood between his mother Kay and wife Camila.

In an episode of ‘Whine Down with Jana Kramer’, the celebrated actor told the host, “My family — and part of Camila and I as well — we cherish the value of a sense of humor and comedy.”

What did Camila say about her mother-in-law Kay?

It all started with Camila's appearance on Southern Living's 'Biscuits & Jam' podcast in August. The 41-year-old opened up about her initial interaction with her mother-in-law back in 2006.

“She was really testing me. I mean really testing me,” Camila recalled at the time.

“She would call me by all of Matthew’s ex-girlfriend’s names, she would start speaking Spanish with me in a very broken way, kind of putting down a bit, all kinds of stuff," she added.

Camila continued on the podcast, "I was taking her to her room and she got into this whole other thing that is not my place to share, and she starts crying. I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, Ma Mac,’ feeling so sorry, and as I put her to bed, I look at her and I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, she’s full of s**t.'"

“At the end, she just looks at me and she was like, ‘Okay, now you’re in.’ All she wanted was for me to fight back, and from that day on, that night on, we have the most amazing relationship," Camila shared.

"I have so much respect for her, she has so much respect for me. It can get tricky sometimes, but we always end with a good laugh,” she added.

Camila talked about how similar Kay and Matthew are. “They’re very similar in a lot of ways: she’s very organized," she reflected.

"A lot of people have this — well, I don’t think people actually have this image of Matthew anymore because, just the kind of work and things he’s been doing — but when we first start dating, it was this image of Matthew of getting high, laid back, no shirt, whatever. Which I'm like, 'The guy doesn't even smoke. What is this vision coming from?'"

The 'Interstellar' star clarifies the situation

Meanwhile, Matthew McConaughey defended his mother’s actions, which some of his fans called not-so-cool.

“We test you. My family, we humbly wait, we make you cry, and then we pick you up and make your favorite drink, ‘You’re welcome back.’ So there are initiations, rites of passage that my family’s always enjoyed,” he said.

Matthew recently released his bestseller 'Just Because’ which is a children’s book. "It came to me at 2:30 am as a ditty in a dream," he told People.

"It was a song in my mind, and I got up and wrote it down." "I believe this book will resonate with children of all ages 'just because' it speaks to the kid in all of us,” the Oscar winner actor said.

Tags news