Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I was so jealous I cried my eyes out': Joe Jonas reveals he saw Nick as a rival when he was hired on 'The Voice'

2023-05-24 07:27
'It was bittersweet, of course, 'cause I'm super happy for him, but I'm also bummed 'cause I want that gig,' Joe Jonas said
'I was so jealous I cried my eyes out': Joe Jonas reveals he saw Nick as a rival when he was hired on 'The Voice'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Talking about the rivalry between the Jonas brothers, Joe Jonas admitted that he was "jealous" about one of Nick Jonas' achievements. On the 'Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard podcast, Nick, Joe, and Kevin Jonas shared the times they were both competitive and supportive of each other.

Joe revealed that he became teary-eyed after he learned that his brother had been hired as a coach for Season 18 of 'The Voice' show. The 33-year-old singer who had previously served as a coach on 'The Voice Australia' in 2018 was at a Fleetwood Mac concert when he came to know about Nick's opportunity in 2019. Nick then appeared on the show in 2020 and also returned in 2021 for season 20.

READ MORE

Joe Jonas reveals he is 'cool' with Taylor Swift years after breakup and really hopes her fans 'like him'

'Thank god': Fans react after Joe Jonas says he auditioned for 'Spider-Man' but lost to Andrew Garfield

'I cried my eyes out'

Joe shared details of the day he learned that Nick was going to be a judge on the show. "It was at the most picturesque setting, it was at the Fleetwood Mac show at [Madison Square Garden] and as they’re playing 'Landslide,' I found out that he was going to be a judge on 'The Voice.' I was so jealous I cried my eyes out to 'Landslide' ", Joe said. "It was bittersweet, of course, 'cause I'm super happy for him, but I'm also bummed 'cause I want that f****** gig!", he added.

'We want someone with the last name Jonas to win'

During the podcast, the brothers said that though they have felt jealous of one another, they are all on the same team at the end of the day. "We always say we want someone with the last name Jonas to win. That's our goal. We both auditioned for the same role, Joe and I. It was for 'Wicked' actually," Joe said. "And we were going into it… and naturally, we're brothers, we’re competitive in sports and other things, but when it comes to our career, I think we genuinely both looked at each other like…Yeah, we said, 'Go in there and kill it 'cause it’s gotta be one of us. It has to be one of us.' That being said, never got that call…", he added.

On May 12, the three brothers released 'The Album,' their sixth studio album after their comeback release of 'Happiness Begins' in 2019, according to People.

Tags news epcelebs