Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Money memes flood internet as Mariah Carey prepares to debut 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' at Billboard Music Awards

2023-11-16 18:58
Apart from her performance, Mariah Carey will also be honored for her song, 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', during the 2023 Billboard Music Awards
Money memes flood internet as Mariah Carey prepares to debut 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' at Billboard Music Awards

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mariah Carey aka "The Queen of Christmas," is all set to perform during the upcoming Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, November 19.

The 54-year-old superstar will be singing her holiday classic 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', which has earned her over $70 million since its release in 1994, for the first time ever at an awards show, according to Billboard.

Debbie Allen, an iconic actress, dancer, and choreographer, will design the production of the song, and the set is supposed to be "festive Aspen-inspired and surprise-filled."

Rather than having a TV broadcast, the 2023 Billboard Music Awards will be live-streamed on Billboard's official website starting at 8 pm ET and 5 pm PT on Sunday. The performances and awards speeches will also be shared on the organization's social media channels.

Mariah Carey to be awarded at the Billboard Music Awards

Mariah Carey's Christmas hit, 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', will be honored with the Billboard Chart Achievement Award at its upcoming awards show. Notably, the song has been a chart-topper since 2019, reigning the 'Hot 100' singles chart annually during the holiday season for a total of 12 weeks at No 1.

Only two other Carey songs, 'We Belong Together' and 'One Sweet Day' (her Boyz II Men collaboration), have enjoyed such longevity at the top, with 'We Belong Together' holding the No 1 spot for 14 weeks and 'One Sweet Day' for an impressive 16 weeks in 1996.

It's worth noting that 'All I Want For Christmas' has enjoyed remarkable success and could easily surpass Carey’s other popular singles in the coming years. According to Billboard, Mariah Carey holds the record for most No 1 hits by a solo artist, with a total of 19.

In addition, she has spent the most weeks at No 1 on the Billboard 'Hot 100, 91 weeks to be exact, and has the highest number of hits for a female songwriter.

Mariah Carey discloses her favorite Christmas song

During her appearance on ‘The Jennifer Hudson Show’, Mariah Carey revealed her favorite Christmas song, saying, "I have to say, my favorite all-time Christmas song is Nat King Cole‘s version of '(The) Christmas Song.' That’s my favorite."

The five-time Grammy award-winner also disclosed that she only allows holiday music to be played in her household between November 1 and December 25.

"I don’t let anybody listen to anything but Christmas music when I’m celebrating Christmas," said the singer-songwriter, adding, "Movies have to be Christmas-related."

On being asked abut her favorite Christmas movie, she said, "Well, I love 'Elf'. I got to say that. And then I like 'Miracle on 34th Street', the original one, it’s an older one, but it’s got something about it."

Announcement of Mariah Carey performing 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' at 2023 Billboard Music Awards sparks meme fest

Soon after it was announced that Mariah Carey would be debuting 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' at the 2023 Billboard Music Awards, netizens were quick to reply with hilarious memes, especially referring to her huge earnings from the single song.

One wrote, "Mariah Carey every December," attacking a picture of a man sitting with a table full of cash.

Another stated, "Mariah Carey when December comes," with a photo of a man lying on money.

"Her cash cow at the end of every year," quipped a person.

Someone else joked, "She really found a infinite money glitch IRL."

"Carey after preforming that song anywhere she goes," wrote one more, attaching a video of a person counting money.

Another just remarked, "Carey earns around $3 million each holiday season from "All I Want for Christmas Is You"."

"Mariah Carey every December," stated one, along with a hilarious video.

A curious person noted, "Her song is like a worldwide Christmas anthem and she's gonna perform it for the first time in an award show?? I AM SEATED."

Tags news