Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When did Ben Platt and Noah Galvin get engaged? Couple reportedly not in a rush to walk down the aisle

2023-07-16 18:54
Ben Platt and Noah Galvin reportedly 'just sort of enjoying doing this' as they both gleefully showed their engagement rings
When did Ben Platt and Noah Galvin get engaged? Couple reportedly not in a rush to walk down the aisle

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ben Platt and Noah Galvin, who both starred as the primary characters in 'Dear Evan Hansen' aren't in a hurry to get married. Platt revealed to Page Six earlier this week during a screening for their joint film 'Theater Camp' that they were "taking it slow." Galvin continued, "We're just sort of enjoying doing this," as they both gleefully showed their engagement rings.

Ben and Noah continued by saying the wedding will happen "next year," but no dates have been determined. The couple got to know each other while performing in the 'Dear Evan Hansen' musical. As reported by PEOPLE, Galvin assumed the production's title role following Platt's departure from the play in November 2017, From there, the two forged a deep friendship that, a few years later, grew into love.

When did Ben Platt and Noah Galvin get engaged?

Ben Platt and Noah Galvin initially got engaged in November 2022, about two years after they started dating. They announced their relationship to the world in May 2020. The 'Parade' actor, 29, captioned a collection of pictures from the proposal, which happened at a restaurant in Brooklyn, New York: "he agreed to hang out forever." Galvin, also 29, said, "I said yeehaw and then cried for like 7 hours," according to his own story at the time.

The 'Real O'Neal's' alum immediately responded with a proposal earlier this year, despite the couple being already engaged. On his Instagram Stories at the time, Platt stated that Galvin had proposed with a sapphire ring that resembled the one he had given his fiancée during the initial proposal. The 'Politician' alum captioned a photo of the sparkler with, "He proposed back."

'I love Noah’s authenticity'

The two got to know each other while performing in the Broadway production with Galvin filling the title role after Platt left. "We were friends for five years, and right before the pandemic, we finally decided to really give it a shot," the 'Pitch Perfect' star later said on 'The Kelly Clarkson Show'. "We kind of skated around it for a long time." Platt raved about how he still feels thrilled thinking about his fiance, said Page Six.

"I love Noah’s authenticity and purity of conviction," the actor stated. "And [his] inability to phone things in or to fake [it]. It's sometimes more difficult but it’s a much more vulnerable and honest way to live." Galvin said, "I enjoy the quality of Ben that challenges me to be smarter, to fold my clothing, to bathe regularly," when asked why he loves his boyfriend.