Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi spotted walking hand-in-hand amid Rosie O'Donnell's trust concerns

2023-06-17 18:47
Rosie O'Donnell sheds light on her unforgiving stance towards Ellen's previous toxic behavior amidst Ellen and Portia's romance headlines
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi spotted walking hand-in-hand amid Rosie O'Donnell's trust concerns

SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA: Ellen DeGeneres and her wife, Portia de Rossi, were spotted holding hands in Santa Barbara, California, amidst recent headlines surrounding Ellen's past behavior and Rosie O'Donnell's refusal to forgive her. Ellen, 65, opted for a sage green crew neck sweatshirt paired with denim blue jeans and brown sneakers, complemented by black sunglasses and a wristwatch. Her short blonde locks were elegantly parted to the side on this overcast day in the coastal community.

Portia, 50, sported a puffy white vest layered over a red plaid flannel, paired with a white top and dark denim blue jeans. Completing her look were brown suede boots, brown sunglasses, and her long blonde locks parted to the side, creating a stylish ensemble for their daytime outing together.

‘We're not really friends’

Meanwhile, Rosie O'Donnell recently disclosed the details of her long-standing rift with Ellen. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Rosie shared that she received a recent apology from Ellen, who reached out a few weeks ago. However, Rosie chose not to accept the apology. Last year, Rosie first revealed their feud during an episode of Watch What Happens Live, and Ellen, upon seeing Rosie discuss it on Andy Cohen's show, expressed her remorse by stating, "I'm really sorry, and I don't remember that."

During a revealing interview, Rosie O'Donnell shared her perspective on her strained relationship with Ellen DeGeneres, emphasizing her lack of trust and unwillingness to include Ellen in her circle. Rosie recalled the past incident where Ellen appeared on 'Larry King Live' shortly after Rosie publicly came out as a lesbian. When asked about Rosie's announcement, Ellen responded, "I don't know. You know, maybe she didn't - I don't really know Rosie that well. I mean, I've spoken to her, but we're not really friends. We don't like - so I don't really know and I couldn't say what her..."

The PDAs continue

This sparked the initial tension between them, and in September 2022, Rosie finally addressed their rivalry during an appearance on 'Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen'. Despite sharing similarities such as successful daytime talk shows, being female comedians, and openly identifying as gay, their relationship never flourished. Rosie revealed that she had been excluded from 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' for the majority of its run, only being asked to appear as a guest in Season 19.

Rosie expressed her deep-rooted distrust of Ellen, citing their extensive history together, including Ellen holding Rosie's infant son and her familiarity with Ellen's family. Despite their shared experiences, Rosie concluded that she cannot bring herself to welcome Ellen back into her world, remaining guarded and distant.

As Ellen and Portia continue their public displays of unity in Santa Barbara, the ongoing rift between Ellen and Rosie sheds light on the complexities and challenges that can arise within friendships in the public eye.

Tags news epcelebs