Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kevin Bacon recreates 'Footloose' moves to mark end of SAG-AFTRA strike, fans send love

2023-11-10 18:16
The actor let loose and put on his dance shoes in celebration of the provisional deal between SAG-AFTRA and Hollywood studios
Kevin Bacon recreates 'Footloose' moves to mark end of SAG-AFTRA strike, fans send love

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kevin Bacon is putting on his dance shoes to celebrate the end of the historic strike that involved Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA) and Hollywood studios.

The 65-year-old actor posted a video of himself performing his famous dance from his breakthrough performance in 1984's 'Footloose' on Instagram early on Thursday, November 9.

With the formal end of the SAG-AFTRA strike, actors can now go back to stalled projects.

In true Kevin Bacon style, the actor greeted the news by recreating his famous dance to Kenny Loggins' hit song from the 1984 classic. Bacon captioned the post, "Strike over!"

Kevin Bacon recreates 1984 iconic 'Footloose' steps

Following the union's statement on November 8 that a "tentative agreement" had been unanimously ratified, Bacon posted a video to Instagram of himself having fun and channeling his legendary 'Footloose' character.

Wearing cowboy boots, the actor was spotted in a barn performing one of his famous dances from the film.

Several celebrities shared their happiness in the comments section of the post, which has received over 330K likes since it was published earlier on November 9.

"This is amazing!!!!!" said Ethan Hawke, who co-stars with Bacon in the new Netflix film 'Leave the World Behind.'

"I love this soooo much!! I will love this dance for ever and ever. Seminal to my childhood," exclaimed director Nicole Kassell, who helmed Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedgwick in the independent drama 'The Woodsman' in 2004.

Dax Shepard from Dr Seuss's 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' shared the phrase, "The Grinch’s heart just grew another three times!!!!"

The 'Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special' director, James Gunn, who helmed Bacon in the role of himself, commented with a fire and rising hands emoji.

An image of Bacon's last dance in the iconic film 'Footloose' was posted by Paramount Pictures, the company that released both the original and the 2011 remake.

Dancer and actress Julianne Hough, who costarred with Kenny Wormald in the 2011 revival of 'Footloose,' said, "Oh. My. Yessssssssssss."

In 1984's 'Footloose,' Bacon plays Ren McCormack, a young man from Chicago who finds it difficult to fit in at his new school in the little town of Bomont, where dancing is forbidden.

Ren fights for his right to dance against the local authorities with the aid of his friends in the percussive community.

Kevin Bacon applauded after SAG-AFTRA struck settlement with Hollywood studios

Bacon was among the many actors who applauded after SAG-AFTRA, which represents over 150,000 actors in film and television, announced that they had struck a settlement with Hollywood studios following a 118-day strike.

On November 8, SAG-AFTRA's official account on X, formerly known as Twitter, stated, "We are thrilled & proud to tell you that today your TV/Theatrical Negotiating Committee voted unanimously to approve a tentative agreement with the AMPTP."

On November 10, roughly four months after the strike started in mid-July, the SAG-AFTRA national board is expected to cast a vote on the agreement, as per TODAY.com.

Fans react to Kevin Bacon's dance moves exclaiming 'Footloose vibes!!!'

Several fans took to X to praise Bacon for his ability to execute the dance flawlessly nearly 40 years later. One fan wrote on X, "Bacon still got the moooves baby!!"

A second fan added, "The legendary hero from earth, Kevin Bacon!!" while a third one typed, "You win today! Best on X!"

One more fan chimed in, "Oh my word! Kevin Bacon magically transported me to 1984, where I was rocking the Footloose dance moves to the electrifying Footloose music."

"This is everything I needed today," said another one.

One more exclaimed, "Footloose vibes!!!" while another one echoed, "Yes!!! I love this!! My absolute favorite!!!"

Tags news