Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Maui Wildfires: What is Stevie Nicks' net worth? Fleetwood Mac icon slammed for 'tone deaf' post as Mick Fleetwood mourns loss

2023-08-15 15:15
Stevie Nicks wrote a long post about Lahaina and bemoaned her niece's lost vacation, which she said 'made the situation worse'
Maui Wildfires: What is Stevie Nicks' net worth? Fleetwood Mac icon slammed for 'tone deaf' post as Mick Fleetwood mourns loss

MAUI, HAWAII: Fleetwood Mac member Stevie Nicks, who has a net worth of $120 million, has been criticized for posting a “tone deaf” tribute to the decimated town of Lahaina on Instagram.

The 75-year-old Nicks is being slammed for talking about her mansion, jewelry, and the vacation her niece missed due to the Maui wildfire in Hawaii.

Meanwhile, her fellow band member Mick Fleetwood, who lost his cherished restaurant in Maui to the disaster, has chartered a plane to transport supplies for the people of the island.

Why is Stevie Nicks being slammed?

Nicks, who owns a home on the island of Maui just “15 to 20 minutes from Lahaina," posted a long tribute to the devastated town of Lahaina with the caption, “Lahaina is not gone ~ It is just away ~ With Aloha, Stevie Nicks.”

“As I am sure you have heard – the island, Maui, where I own a house I have been staying at since the 80s – and the small village, city, most magical place on earth, Lahaina, burned to the ground over the last few days,” Nicks wrote in the post.

“And to make the situation worse my young niece, her husband, and their little boy had just arrived for a very needed vacation before she started up her school year (on her way to becoming a psychologist) for 10 days,” she added.

The veteran musician shared their harrowing experience, writing, “They had one and a half days of fun and then — the fire started.”

“The power went out at 5.12am (Tuesday morning) but they had no idea why. It was still out at noon, realizing that many houses had also lost power. It was a mystery,” the post read.

“My house is 15-20 minutes from Lahaina, but still noone knew about the fire. We knew here in Houston but there was no way to get Jessi (my niece) on the phone,” she added. “The entire area of Lahaina and everything around it was down. But here in Houston... we knew.”

Nicks mourned, “There was no way to know that this amazing town that had survived so much for so long would burn down and disappear into the history books, leaving so much sadness, destruction, and death behind it in its wake.”

Elaborating on the town’s significance in her life and the band’s history, she said, “This island, in so many ways, defines Fleetwood Mac and me and our families.”

“My truth was that I wanted a house here just so I could spend time in Lahaina walking the streets; visiting the art galleries – sitting on the rock wall – Most all the opals I wear on my fingers came from a store on Front Street,” Nicks continued.

The ‘Edge of Seventeen’ singer also mentioned the woman from whom she got most of her opals. She said, “I hope the sweet lady who owned that store was able to grab all her opals and run. I hope she made it out.”

“Over the next two days we managed to get Jessi and her family back to us. They put their little boy (he's six) in the back seat with an iPad so he would not see the devastation on the drive up past Lahaina to the airport,” Nicks shared.

She continued, “But they saw it and Jessi and her husband Alec are devastated Now they are back in LA and seeing the news coverage, they are totally freaked out.”

“They escaped the bullet. My house and surrounding area was not burned. The wind took the fire in a different direction. It was all about the wind,” added the ‘Stand Back’ star.

“Jessi said there were three doves the house the whole time. There have never been doves there ever. The end result could have been very different.”

She mourned the destruction of Lahaina and wrote, “The Lahaina that we knew~ The Lahaina that in many ways connect Fleetwood Mac and our music to the world, is gone.”

However, she rejoices in the memory. “But my memories of everything that happened to me there is clear as a bell,” Nicks noted.

“I will still walk those streets ~ still watch the sunset from the many cool restaurants that we drove in to see every night ~ I will see Mr. Fleetwood’s beautiful new restaurant rebuilt and sparkling in the middle of Front Street,” she added. “Lahaina is not gone~ It is just away~.”

Does Stevie Nicks have a child?

The septuagenarian musician chose not to become a mother because of her dedication to her work.

She said in an interview, "My mission maybe wasn't to be a mom and a wife; maybe my particular mission was to write songs to make moms and wives feel better," per Smooth Radio.

However, she acknowledged that she had a lot of children in the form of godchildren and nieces, saying, "I have lots of kids. It's much more fun to be the crazy auntie than it is to be the mom, anyway."

Who is Stevie Nick's husband?

Nick was briefly married to her best friend’s widower Kim Anderson in 1983. They were married for three months before calling it quits. She wrote in a tribute, "I was determined to take care of [Robin's] baby, so I said to Kim, 'I don't know, I guess we should just get married.'"

Nicks was reportedly romantically involved with Lindsey Buckingham from 1966 to 1976, and briefly to Mick Fleetwood in 1977. It is alleged that she was also in brief relationships with the Eagles drummer/vocalist Don Henley during the late 1970s, and briefly with Eagles songwriter JD Souther.

Fans slam Stevie Nicks' 'tone deaf' post

Fans were, however, not happy with Stevie's post as they found it to be "tone deaf" and self-serving."

"Oh Stevie, love you but Native Hawaiians lost their homes for generations to come, your niece, at best, vacation was ruined, this is not what you should’ve posted," commented one fan.

Another said, "I really like you Stevie, but this is coming off as so self centered. As a person with money and influence you could direct people to resources for native Hawaiians’ aid, but instead you focused on your families vacation, which is a huge privilege in the first place, and your mansion and jewelry. You could have mentioned Lahaina’s impact on your life in another way."

A disappointed fan wrote, "I’ve been a Stevie fan forever and a day but this is Completely tone deaf! There are people who have LOST THEIR HOMES, their livelihood and their loved ones. Regular people - not rich, and not tourists. “Ruining” someone’s well deserved holiday is the absolutely LEAST of it all. True colours are shining and it’s such a disappointment."

"What a pointless privileged tone deaf and self centered post lmao," a user fumed.

"And…? What a disappointing, self-serving post," said another.